Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Disabling the No Fly Zone protection

Actually, on the date I posted that it did work. Something must have happened in the firmware because now you get an error.
Correct - this bug has now been fixed and will sense if the GPS is unplugged.

I feel like sheep that is being detoured around and me having nothing to say or to act within common normal sense. sad to be a witness of this and that we are not able to take responsibility of what we are doing. I recently had to fly for a rallye race on an army training areal. fortunately it is not a NFZ because I would have not be able to do my job :(
the selling strategy should be changed to be only sold to people that can show some sort of certificate and eliminate the NFZ totally.
there should be a different solution for this. my parents live next to the airport and although it did work a few months ago I hope the NFZ do not work in my country. I am smart enough to either talk to tower or relevant authoraties or just don´t fly there or not that high knowing that commercial (real) airplanes fly around that area to avoid collisions or other accidents.

a few more years and they will tell us how to breathe and use the toilet and in which manner and way and when and for how long... frustrating this is.

Well...I have just tried the silver foil tin hat approach and completely wrapped the white casing and I am still getting 8 satellites in view....
This is with four layers of tin foil and it still manages to see the GPS constellation (or rather receive the signals)...in fact more tin foil than your average roast turkey!

Any ideas welcome! Please upload any tin hat photos that actually work to block GPS...

And I have permission for the flight in the NFZ.

You know those cell phone pouches? they block all signals, gps, cell signals. Get them from Amazon and make gps a blocker. I haven't tried it yet but we have an inspire that can't fly in NFZ. DJI calls it a "pro" but when you can't do your job it's not professional or the least bit funny. I tried the foil as well and was still getting 6-8 sat. But I think making a hat with part of the blocker pouch would work. I ordered one from Amazon supposed to be in Wednesday.

Last edited:
You know those cell phone pouches? they block all signals, gps, cell signals. Get them from Amazon and make gps a blocker. I haven't tried it yet but we have an inspire that can't fly in NFZ. DJI calls it a "pro" but when you can't do your job it's not professional or the least bit funny.
Dji recently changed their website to reflect an "industrial" category which has units without NFZ protection. They gave the phantom and inspire their own categories with pro model pricing, not pro performance or characteristics. It's all a marketing scam we fell into.

Got the cell blocker pouch from Amazon and took it apart and it works great, much better than tin foil. Weighs next to nothing. Tested it out from full gps signal put the cloth over the top and immediately there was 0 satellites.

"DUMB NO FLY ZONES"
Boy what a quote. I flew fighter aircraft in the Air Force for 25 years. Had two near mid airs with civilian pilots who ignored no fly zones.
This forum is supposed to be for Inspire "Pilots". If you consider yourself a pilot then learn to be one and don't ignore NFZs.
The stabilization in all the "drones" allows people with no clue about aviation to put something in the air. Those people stick these drones anywhere they want with no regard to the safety of other people. I am an older guy no and fly RC aircraft following the AMA safety rules. Not once here did I see anyone talking about that organization and the safety rules that they have developed over many many years.

Yes, those few pounds of metal and plastic could kill someone flying a full size aircraft. And for what.

NFZs are NOT dumb. I do disagree with the FAA. Possibly we should be allowed to fly up to say 30-40 feet in those zones without endangering aircraft carrying people.

But make no mistake the dumb irresponsible people will continue to endanger people in aircraft without some controls. A forest fire here in AZ endangered the fire fighters aircraft because they were flying drones where the planes needed to fly. Endangering both the planes and the fire fighters on the ground.

NFZs are NOT dumb!

"DUMB NO FLY ZONES"
Boy what a quote. I flew fighter aircraft in the Air Force for 25 years. Had two near mid airs with civilian pilots who ignored no fly zones.
This forum is supposed to be for Inspire "Pilots". If you consider yourself a pilot then learn to be one and don't ignore NFZs.
The stabilization in all the "drones" allows people with no clue about aviation to put something in the air. Those people stick these drones anywhere they want with no regard to the safety of other people. I am an older guy no and fly RC aircraft following the AMA safety rules. Not once here did I see anyone talking about that organization and the safety rules that they have developed over many many years.

Yes, those few pounds of metal and plastic could kill someone flying a full size aircraft. And for what.

NFZs are NOT dumb. I do disagree with the FAA. Possibly we should be allowed to fly up to say 30-40 feet in those zones without endangering aircraft carrying people.

But make no mistake the dumb irresponsible people will continue to endanger people in aircraft without some controls. A forest fire here in AZ endangered the fire fighters aircraft because they were flying drones where the planes needed to fly. Endangering both the planes and the fire fighters on the ground.

NFZs are NOT dumb!
I don't remember anyone in this thread or on this site saying NFZ's are dumb.

Thanks for sharing your story and for your 25yrs of service.

This thread should be locked as we all have a way to disable certain class NFZ's now.

It was another thread in here. I appreciate the frustration with the FAA. The hard NFZs that cannot be turned off should be retained. The indoors thing is still a problem.

i use mod from coptersafe.. works as plug-n-play .. but little bit expensive..
Can you please put some more detail in your post rather than just a casual comment? Theres 10 pages here of people desperately trying to find a workaround!

no problem. i can fly in NFZ and make screenshots from my tablet ... but nearest Zone from me 30km, also can post some photos from my installation to Inspire

Ok please do that. I see that Coptersafe introduces a position offset so that the system thinks its outside of an NFZ. I guess this is fine for manual work but obviously any survey work where geotagging is required would result in false data wrt the positions recorded in the EXIF file of each image.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP