Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Care - my experience so far

Reaction score
Got the i2 and DJI Care. The pilot radio had an annoying buzzing sound after warming up that definitely was not normal. This should be covered under the standard warranty as it was brand new but was hoping I'd get better service since purchasing DJI Care. They would not send me a replacement unit first and there is no option to swap parts out at any service centers which means my only choice was to send it in and wait for it to be repaired/replaced.

The online process for setting this up wasn't too bad and they sent me a prepaid UPS label - ok cool. I shipped it off immediately with a note requesting immediate turnaround if possible since I use the equipment for work, it was brand new, and I'd be unable to conduct business without it. Online details confirmed they received the radio on March 14. A confirmation email followed on March 17. Online details show the radio was "verified" on March 18, whatever that means. It's now March 23 and I've heard nothing - very frustrating. It's been over a week and no updates. Needless to say, I am none to pleased.

I live in LA and shipped the radio to their service center in LA so there shouldn't be any shipping issues. I also live close to one of their offices but they wouldn't allow me to conduct business there. I sort of understand that because they have a program in place that follows particular guidelines but still...I dumped thousands of dollars into this gear and part of it showed up defective.

Will update this when there's an update to be posted. Just thought I'd let people know my experience thus far as I imagine not too many people have had to go through this.

Got the i2 and DJI Care. The pilot radio had an annoying buzzing sound after warming up that definitely was not normal. This should be covered under the standard warranty as it was brand new but was hoping I'd get better service since purchasing DJI Care. They would not send me a replacement unit first and there is no option to swap parts out at any service centers which means my only choice was to send it in and wait for it to be repaired/replaced.

The online process for setting this up wasn't too bad and they sent me a prepaid UPS label - ok cool. I shipped it off immediately with a note requesting immediate turnaround if possible since I use the equipment for work, it was brand new, and I'd be unable to conduct business without it. Online details confirmed they received the radio on March 14. A confirmation email followed on March 17. Online details show the radio was "verified" on March 18, whatever that means. It's now March 23 and I've heard nothing - very frustrating. It's been over a week and no updates. Needless to say, I am none to pleased.

I live in LA and shipped the radio to their service center in LA so there shouldn't be any shipping issues. I also live close to one of their offices but they wouldn't allow me to conduct business there. I sort of understand that because they have a program in place that follows particular guidelines but still...I dumped thousands of dollars into this gear and part of it showed up defective.

Will update this when there's an update to be posted. Just thought I'd let people know my experience thus far as I imagine not too many people have had to go through this.

Have you tried tracking the repair using the DJI chat session? Or by using WeChat which i find i always can a person on the other end who really tries hard to get me an answer

"I also live close to one of their offices but they wouldn't allow me to conduct business there. I sort of understand that because they have a program in place that follows particular guidelines but still...I dumped thousands of dollars into this gear and part of it showed up defective."

It is unfortunate that so many companies have lost sight of customer support. My undergraduate degree is in business. A simple principle even foreign outfits should understand: good customer support=repeat sales. I purchased my own personal TASER (was a cop) and had a problem with it once. I happened to be attending a seminar near their factory (Scottsdale, AZ). Dropped by and you'd think I asked them for their first born. Oh no sorry we are not set up to accept walk ins (WTF?). You have to get an RMA# blah blah blah. In other words, I had to return home (45 miles) go online, get RMA number, package it and ship it. I was standing right there!!!! A multimillion dollar operation but couldn't handle a walk-in customer....

"I also live close to one of their offices but they wouldn't allow me to conduct business there. I sort of understand that because they have a program in place that follows particular guidelines but still...I dumped thousands of dollars into this gear and part of it showed up defective."

It is unfortunate that so many companies have lost sight of customer support. My undergraduate degree is in business. A simple principle even foreign outfits should understand: good customer support=repeat sales. I purchased my own personal TASER (was a cop) and had a problem with it once. I happened to be attending a seminar near their factory (Scottsdale, AZ). Dropped by and you'd think I asked them for their first born. Oh no sorry we are not set up to accept walk ins (WTF?). You have to get an RMA# blah blah blah. In other words, I had to return home (45 miles) go online, get RMA number, package it and ship it. I was standing right there!!!! A multimillion dollar operation but couldn't handle a walk-in customer....
Yup - to a lot of these companies, customers are just a nuisance. Drives me mad. :mad:

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
I purchased a car for my daughter from my home town dealer once (Please shop locally! You've seen the ads) so I did. She had a problem with the car, took it back and they laughed at her, literally She came home in tears (she was 16), I returned and gave 'em a piece of my mind. That was over 30 years ago and since then I've purchased over half a dozen new cars...every one of them from the same out of town dealer. (their customer service is ridiculous-I get an oil change and get 2 phone calls, one from the manager and a survey form in the mail, asking me if I was pleased with the service. Someone at that dealership understands customer service!!!
I badmouth the local dealer at every opportunity....:D My daughter's tears still bother me.

Have you tried tracking the repair using the DJI chat session? Or by using WeChat which i find i always can a person on the other end who really tries hard to get me an answer

Have not yet attempted to chat with anyone. I may as well though I highly suspect they'll refer me to some phone number or email address and I'll be right back where I started. Emailed customer service several days ago. No response.

Love their products, hate their service. Sadly, there really is no competition. Yuneec was maybe(???) the next closest competition but I've flown some of their drones. Calling them competition is a real stretch. Which is probably why they're laying off 50% of their staff. Too bad.

Have not yet attempted to chat with anyone. I may as well though I highly suspect they'll refer me to some phone number or email address and I'll be right back where I started. Emailed customer service several days ago. No response.

Love their products, hate their service. Sadly, there really is no competition. Yuneec was maybe(???) the next closest competition but I've flown some of their drones. Calling them competition is a real stretch. Which is probably why they're laying off 50% of their staff. Too bad.
They are laying off staff that they over-hired during the boom of the last few years. Between the global regulatory agencies clamping down, and DJI flooding the market with mid to high end UAV's marketed to consumers vs professionals, any chance a startup had regardless of strength of product, was out the window.

Time to start voting with our wallets... their greed does not supercede our right to fly, and until we stop supporting companies that act like this in MANY industries, they will continue to treat us like crap.

Here's the latest. It's been over two weeks since DJI received my defective radio. I got a customer service agent on chat the other day and they said the replacement has been approved and is processing. What the F does that mean? If it's been approved then put the **** radio in the mail and send it to me. I asked if they had an estimate when it would ship and they said no. I asked them to please put priority towards this as I use it for business and bought all the necessary coverage, not to mention it's under warranty. They said they would. Yeah, right. I found a phone number for the DJI location where I shipped the radio. Called it and got some dude's voicemail and guess what? Mailbox full. I'm pissed and am this close [you can imagine how close 'this close' is] to contacting my credit card company to refund my three DJI Care purchases (i2, X5S, Mavic).

There is nobody out there who can compete with DJI's drones but the company that can at least match their quality but offer the service we all deserve may have a shot. Are you listening Yuneec?

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74