Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI CrystalSky 5.5 android operating system help.

Reaction score
I am new to the android operating system. I think I accidentally deleted software needed to make this crystal skymonitor work is there any information out there on how to restore one of these things. I'm a Mac user and I'm pretty lost with this thing.

What is happening that makes you think you deleted software? Assuming you did follow these directions. Turn on the monitor, click on the settings tab on the lower menu, scroll down to the bottom and select the Update tab. See what it says when you select it. The latest FW is V02.02.06.05. If you do not see that version try to select the Update tab. If that does not do anything back out to the previous screen and click on the Backup and Reset tab. Try doing a Factory Data Reset and see what happens, if you are successful do an update again.

Last edited:
Every time I turn on the aircraft, the controller and the crystalSky, I'm asked if I want to update data. When I follow the instructions on how to update data and nothing happens. The other thing I've noticed with the CrystalSky versus my iPhone is there is no choice to enable dynamic home point on the CrystalSky.

Every time I turn on the aircraft, the controller and the crystalSky, I'm asked if I want to update data. When I follow the instructions on how to update data and nothing happens. The other thing I've noticed with the CrystalSky versus my iPhone is there is no choice to enable dynamic home point on the CrystalSky.

Silly question but do you have the wifi on the CS turned on?

I do have wi-Fi turned on, I've tested both with the Wi-Fi in my home and the Wi-Fi hot spot through my cell phone.

Did you do the restore then try an update as I suggested? Regarding the dynamic homepoint, I am seeing just what you are, it is not there. I even connected the GPS module and it still did not appear.

I did do the restore as you suggested, the monitor does not ask for an update. The controller right now is running V02.02.06.05

The last aircraft FW update 01.01.0010, (June 26th) included a battery update, which made it possible to use the batteries in the Inspire 2 and also the Matrice 200 series. It was automatic on the initial FW install and after that it asked for an update for each other set of batteries.

I don't remember doing any of the other batteries, is there way to do it after the firmware update?

I don't remember doing any of the other batteries, is there way to do it after the firmware update?

From what I read if you inserted the unupdated batteries into the device that you used to do the last aircraft FW update with (vs the CS monitor) it should prompt an update. Some people had to delete the app from the device and reinstall it. It is possible that the Update Available warning you are getting on the CS could be caused by the unupdated batteries. This may or may not be the case, I am just trying to give some suggestions to clear your issue.

I have tried everything including deleting the app on my iPhone and the CS and reinstalling it to see if the batteries can be updated. I only get this message on the CS. I'm not sure I am deleting the app correctly on CS because I'm new to the android platform.
IMG_9020.jpg

I have tried everything including deleting the app on my iPhone and the CS and reinstalling it to see if the batteries can be updated. I only get this message on the CS. I'm not sure I am deleting the app correctly on CS because I'm new to the android platform.
View attachment 14746

Try plugging your crystal sky into the aircraft from the type c connection. Yes I know it is a small cable. Make sure the CS is connected to the internet, then click update. That should take care of it.

It is for the NFZ data. It needs to be loaded onto the aircraft. I am not sure why it does not transmit to the aircraft from the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdolphBonn