Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI CrystalSky Monitor Owner Discussion by Advexure

I don't think we can rule out a Mavic CrystalSky Adapter from DJI quite yet...but not sure what timing could be on that. Could be a Christmas present at the rate that CrystalSky has moved... :(

... and here it is :)

MavicMount2.jpg MavicMount.jpg

No news on dates, price etc. yet though...

I'm not sure what to make of it either, I can see they have reused parts of the standard mount which is to be expected and from the looks of it there will be no problem using the larger CrystalSky if you wish...

... but it looks like it is going to be a bit unwieldy and the balance point is going to be pretty low.

Wait and see I guess.

I'm not sure what to make of it either, I can see they have reused parts of the standard mount which is to be expected and from the looks of it there will be no problem using the larger CrystalSky if you wish...

... but it looks like it is going to be a bit unwieldy and the balance point is going to be pretty low.

Wait and see I guess.

Isn't the part that screws to the display the same?

I don't like how It looks on the remote and adding the mounting plate will cause the remotes footprint to be odd. If you wanted to just be super portable and use your phone you'd need to unscrew the whole base thing.

So if this is produced, the software will have an option to rotate the display? There is not an option in the system currently.
Also a bug in the CrystalSky - when wifi is toggled from a custom key, it states the opposite of the its current state.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Its states charging, but does not charge.
I just found out that the 5.5" charges over the Type C connection. So while my controller is charging.......so is the monitor! Thats nice.
IMG_1763.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to factory reset the Crystalsky?
I was playing around and I don't get android. I found erase and restart but it didn't ask me for the country settings and so on.

Also it doesn't seem to be picking up my wifi network like it did before I did the erase.

Am I missing something? Is there a keypress to 'hard' reset the device to out of the box state?

having issues with this monitor and my mavic. it kills my signal strength. its very poor even indoors feet from my mavic. i had no issues with my iphone 7 but with the crystalsky it dimiishes greatly

Anyone tested the Crystalsky in the heat, versus the useless Ipads?

We had a couple at an event in Chicago yesterday, about 80 degrees and VERY humid. They were baking in the heat. Saw about 4.5 hours in battery life. No signs of any overheat or heat warnings. The rear of the display was very hot.

Not quite the heat you've been having in your area but the extended performance we saw yesterday in that heat is already topping an iPad's performance.

Today we need a waterproof CrystalSky and I2 RC :D

having issues with this monitor and my mavic. it kills my signal strength. its very poor even indoors feet from my mavic. i had no issues with my iphone 7 but with the crystalsky it dimiishes greatly

Did you try disabling WiFi on the CrystalSky... ?

Did you try disabling WiFi on the CrystalSky... ?

Yes and no luck at all. I suspect it is the USB connection possibly between the monitor and controller. IDK though, im close to selling the whole kit and washing my hands of this. Had enough of dealing with DJI customer care.

We had a couple at an event in Chicago yesterday, about 80 degrees and VERY humid. They were baking in the heat. Saw about 4.5 hours in battery life. No signs of any overheat or heat warnings. The rear of the display was very hot.

Not quite the heat you've been having in your area but the extended performance we saw yesterday in that heat is already topping an iPad's performance.

Today we need a waterproof CrystalSky and I2 RC :D
Thanks. Send some of that water our way :D

Does anyone have an idea what might work as a case? Just to protect the screen in transit. It would have been handy for it to come with a cover on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arhaansheikh07