Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

DJI External Battery Extender & Battery (2PIN) to DC

Discussion in 'Osmo (Handheld Gimbal)' started by davidbarwin, Jun 27, 2016.

1. davidbarwin

Finally received my DJI External Battery Extender & Battery (2PIN) to DC. I'm excited to have "extended power" especially for longer time-lapse and lengthy Corporate events that we cover. As an Inspire owner I'm also excited to "dual use" our investment in batteries (11-TB48s and 1 -TB47). Only thing I've found lacking was the "Battery (2PIN) to DC" connection to the Inspire battery. It's way too easy to disconnect and Inspire batteries by themselves aren't particularly easy to carry and hold on to. We developed a belt-clip that utilizes the Inspire "squeeze to release" connection and engineered the "Battery (2PIN) to DC" connector internally to insure it doesn't mistakenly get disconnected while shooting. Going to be putting it to use the next couple days as we record a lengthy time-lapse "Sign Installation" video on a 500+ foot building downtown Denver.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nelson, Raphael Dahan and SanCap like this.
  2. SanCap

Very good idea, will you be selling these?

davidbarwin and IrishSights like this.
  3. unyks

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

;-)

davidbarwin likes this.
  4. Kauaigene

Where does the line form?

davidbarwin likes this.
  5. davidbarwin

6. unyks

Checkout done! Thank you!

Chris

davidbarwin likes this.
  7. davidbarwin

Thank you Chris! We'll ship yours in the next 60 minutes. Kind Regards, - David Barwin

8. SanCap

Check out complete, I used to live in Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Parker and Steamboat Springs, before Centennial existed. I did work at Centennial Airport!

davidbarwin likes this.
  9. davidbarwin

Thank you as well SanCap. Denver/Colorado has changed a lot in the last 10/20/30 years. Traffic everywhere (around town and to and from the Mountains) reminds me of California these days. I need to come see Florida. ;-)

SanCap likes this.
  10. badbiggz

Just what I needed...thnx for the work

davidbarwin likes this.
  11. davidbarwin

Thank you for your order. It's now in the mail. Kind Regards, - David

badbiggz likes this.
  12. MacDyver

Just ordered mine, Thanks for the American Ingenuity.
    So now any chance you could design a 4 battery carriers with integrated battery operated cooling fan and padded shoulder strap?:)
    Hey Ive gotta try right?

davidbarwin likes this.
  13. unyks

+ Add some wheels:)

MacDyver and davidbarwin like this.
  14. Gregory Latham

Great work very well thought ordered from France
    I will be using this a lot !

davidbarwin likes this.
  15. Dorian

Great idea, how do I order?

BTW, there's another item you might want to add to your inventory. The "battery extender" EXTENSION CABLE (25')!

DJI's batter extender is NOT long enough for delivering power to an OSMO up in the air. The lofting of OSMOs may become very popular, as this is a safe way to get remote head shots, panos and VIDEO PANOS.

I have already invested in the "mast" stand. For aerial shots it is NOT always possible to put a 'copter in the air. Hence, lofting an OSMO on a tall "mast stand" type tripod is a fantastic solution. I am using one that attains 27.5 feet of height and is made of carbon fiber. It needs to be stabilized, and this is an option with the unit I purchased but the shorter Manfrotto system comes with it. However, once in the air, for LONG shots one cannot be taking it down again to change batteries -- not easily. Enter the OSMO "Battery Extender." However, it is missing something: Battery Extender EXTENSION CABLE!

It is hard to find the weird barrel adaptor they use (very small center pin, large barrel), and so a ncie long cable mated Male>Female would be a great item to offer anyone who wants to extend the height possibilities of an OSMO on a stand...which is probably almost EVER user, eventually!

Let me know when you have one available! It needs to be sturdy and a solid connection as these things will be used outdoors primarily (and don't forget electrolysis problems with different metals...near the ocean).

16. Dorian

One QUESTION for the OSMO extended power crowd. The Phantom 4 battery extender does NOT have enough power to run the OSMO with the X5 camera and arm. Don't know whether you can run an X5 with a DJI battery extender using a DJI Inspire battery, however. Anyone tried this?

17. unyks

Chris

davidbarwin likes this.
  18. Dorian

Got it, thanks. Found in on EBay.

How about the "battery extender" EXTENSION CABLE? This is going to require connectors, not merely 3D printing. However, it is NOT being offered by DJI. The only option is making them ourselves. If I cannot find these specific connectors, I'd have to scrap 2 DJI units to get them. VERY expensive solution.

If anyone has the PRECISE name (one the electrical industry uses for these) it would be helpful.

davidbarwin likes this.
  19. davidbarwin

The "Extension Cable" is note worthy. Canabalize the $5 "Osmo - Battery (2 PIN) to DC Power Cable" and build the length in between its ends? Probably the easiest and cheapest way to do it...... Kind Regards, - David Barwin

gregdd likes this.
  20. MacDyver

@davidbarwin, Got it, loving it, American ingenudity (yea I know), anyway thanks for a great product and fast delivery!

davidbarwin likes this.