Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Goggle just released new firmware to support Inspire2 headtracking

Head Tracking with the I2 works with the USB cable but is kind of robotic not very good for filming I try smoothing menu but too robotic also the gimbal makes wired noises

"Robotic" means un-smooth movement?

Head Tracking with the I2 works with the USB cable but is kind of robotic not very good for filming I try smoothing menu but too robotic also the gimbal makes wired noises

Assuming that testing was done on the ground given the comment on gimbal noise? Have you tried using the Goggles and Head Tracking while airborne? Inflight we have found things to be quite smooth. Also, with the Inspire 2 on the ground move around your gimbal/camera using the finger press and drag, you will find the same noise as the camera rotates and gimbal positions itself whether you are using Head Tracking on Goggles or moving the camera regularly through the app. Very common to see a bit of noise as the gimbal rotates and tilts, excessive noise however could be the result of a gimbal motor issue.

Would it be possible to get an idea of what is the latest firmware for the I2? I turned mine on and was not informed to update anything. I plugged the goggles into the controller and was able to see the world around me. It does suck that you can't use an iPad via the HDMI port or the goggles via the HDMI port and have two means of displaying.

I tried head tracking with my I2-X5S 25mm lens today. As was mentioned, there is a gimbal noise similar to sliding finger across screen to move gimbal. But there is are also micro to medium vibrations. It was difficult to get the gimbal still even when not moving my head. I did get it in some positions. I adjusted the goggle setting for head track sensitivity, but that only adjusts its response to the head movement, not the vibration.

It's really easy to accidentally mess up the video resolution setting if you change the goggle resolution. It's too bad there is no way to use a tablet/crystal sky with the goggles.

Of note: I only tested on the ground with motors idling and then off. I'm also on I2 fw 1.00.0330

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Dar