Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI repair takes 8 weeks -- then it crashes again in two days

read the Manuel
learn to fly other aircraft
talk to other r/c pilots
go to a hobby store
go to a r/c field
dont take stupid risks
dont push the limits of the aircraft and it's software
learn how the inspire works first

your right, no good advice there

the guy is looking for excuses every where for why is inspire goes nuts except him self. he needs his inspire taken away before he gets us all in real trouble.

That's a little extreme, I don't think she's gonna get us all in trouble man, so relax. Somebody has already crashed a phantom on the whitehouse front lawn, short of killing somebody, I would say that's about as bad as you can get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lostit
A picture might help. Here is a screenshot of the Incident 2's flight playback (what a fantastic feature by the way). You can see that there is no stick input, and it is flying at 24.6mph in a large circle. The playback shows that the aircraft was pointed backward, but actually it wasn't -- it was pointing forward. Where the path curves to the left again and goes off the bottom of the image is where I retook control and flew it back to base. During the rest of the flight playback, again the data shows the orientation was backward, but it wasn't -- camera and aircraft were facing forward. This error occurred midway through the flight and is when I noticed the horizon had tilted -- the first minute or so has the orientation correct.

As far as Mod values, the compass had Mod 1475 after I controllably crashed it in Incident 2 before I powered it off. It had 1527 after doing a recalibration, and 1480 just before takeoff on Incident 3. Interestingly though, the compass X value was -500 to -600 adjacent to both incidents, but +479 on the middle flight that had no problem. I will monitor that value in the future to determine if it's relevant.

While I'm not a DJI tech, I really don't see anything wrong with those values. The mod value is nothing more than the average of your compass values (x, y, z) which I believe are defined as absolute values, this is why DJI always says your x value can be -500 to 500...which, the absolute value of 500=500, the absolute value of -500=500 so either way you'll end up with the same mod value (or average of your three absolute values) but your experience speaks differently, this brings me to reiterate a point @The Editor brought up in another post (somewhere around here) about the compass system on the inspire being much more sensitive than previous flight control systems offered from DJI.

What I'm failing to see is how your compass X value would have a negative impact on your flight seeing as how the flight controller should be calculating the -500 to -600 integer as an absolute figure in order to process your mod value, which in my opinion, isn't terribly far off and should be within a acceptable range, I could be wrong though. So it very well could be your compass X value being "off."

This is all just coming from previous dji fc experience and I will admit I really don't know too much about how the inspire fc functions, I know how a fc functions and how it uses those sensor readings to determine it's point in space, but I haven't read up about the inspire system itself. it is very possible that it is so sensitive, that your -500 threw it off causing your incidents. I think some people forget that this DJI we are representing who have a history of not having the most stable flight control systems when the release them to the public and some of them being erratic, it took how many fw upgrades to get the wkm to be stable?

Hi Catware,I hope you will get your Inspire back asap and will trust it again.Don´t be insulted with some comments.By the way flying over 1 km away shouldn´t be any problem.
Anyway always good to see female pilots.

If Catware is still following this thread; and I wouldn't be if I were her, I would suggest reverting to Atti mode if the GPS nav seems to be having problems. Atti mode removes that from the system loop, and might allow you to bring it home next time.

Sorry about your problems with all this. I wish the manual did a better job of explaining the reason for the various modes, and why they are there. It is easy to dismiss Atti as some sort of legacy mode and not an important back up degraded mode, which is what it is.

Shazbot4 said:
oh well now everything makes perfect sense.. and who a girl buy an inspire in the first place, that is guys only, no girls allowed.

Good to see that this is removed!!!!!!!:mad:

Reactions: sirnikolas
Sounds like Shazbot4 is really full of himself. Methinks he needs a lesson in general courtesy and a basic lesson on how to interact with others. Read that Manual!

Reactions: sirnikolas
Just say'in similar MO... They fixed him on the DJI forum and its a better place for it. Life is to short to have to deal with rude people.
True but there has also been no reference to himself in the third person either. That was always a giveaway!
I must admit I have no idea why it took so long to get rid of him though!

smart people talk about things and dumb people talk about people... i think we are in group no two and talk about things like the problem our sweet kitty has had :)
i find it is cool that women pilots are around and deal with topics not so obvious for their beings (women mechanic or in this case pilot) and stick around with us. i welcome her and others just like anybody else because there is no dofference... if she started off in this hobby then there is backround and a reason she did start off with this hobby / work. so, i'd be interested in the topic and if DJI was able to sort it out for her and the problem core.
by the way, welcome to the forum. don't bother with pr**ks like the one being so personal...

Reactions: flyersgirl
lets get back to your crash and repair issue... more interesting i find... why is dji having so long turnaround times in repairing in the US??? ok you guys are a lot of people but dji should build up repair centers to shorten that time drastically... like i mentioned before, on the quote i got regarding my bent gimbal i managed to fix by bending ut back although the answer took them quite long but repair would have been 5 days turnaround... i am in hungary... i did not have issues yet.. had some parking in the tree (i was lucky here) but no major damage other than the bent gimbal i fixed... oh i chipped on prop midflight (some branch) of course over water (dough!!!!) but it flew on like nothing had happened... after landing and inspecting if someghing did break i noticed that on prop was about 2-3 cm missing... also lucky here i was... my unwanted attempt to park in the tree was extreme luck as she hung just on a small branch off the gimbal that was holding her... lake side so if she fell it would have been 15cm water and concrete... (it was a shot on a fish farm and the side of the lake where they let out the water to a connecting lake).
all issues and misshaps were 100% my fault being probably not experienced enough in some cases and in others i took the risk knowing what i am doing... my skills are still to improve and i do by the day during work. i try to do a risk assessment (The Editor :) ) and when possible i make a site survey to see all of the terrain (learned from off roading)- and somewhat logical to me...

my two cents and a little storying... sorry if it was toooo boring :)

lets get back to your crash and repair issue... more interesting i find... why is dji having so long turnaround times in repairing in the US??? ok you guys are a lot of people but dji should build up repair centers to shorten that time drastically... like i mentioned before, on the quote i got regarding my bent gimbal i managed to fix by bending ut back although the answer took them quite long but repair would have been 5 days turnaround... i am in hungary... i did not have issues yet.. had some parking in the tree (i was lucky here) but no major damage other than the bent gimbal i fixed... oh i chipped on prop midflight (some branch) of course over water (dough!!!!) but it flew on like nothing had happened... after landing and inspecting if someghing did break i noticed that on prop was about 2-3 cm missing... also lucky here i was... my unwanted attempt to park in the tree was extreme luck as she hung just on a small branch off the gimbal that was holding her... lake side so if she fell it would have been 15cm water and concrete... (it was a shot on a fish farm and the side of the lake where they let out the water to a connecting lake).
all issues and misshaps were 100% my fault being probably not experienced enough in some cases and in others i took the risk knowing what i am doing... my skills are still to improve and i do by the day during work. i try to do a risk assessment (The Editor :) ) and when possible i make a site survey to see all of the terrain (learned from off roading)- and somewhat logical to me...

my two cents and a little storying... sorry if it was toooo boring :)

Unfortunately that costs a company money do to this....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac