Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJIGO app upgraded today for iOS systems

Reaction score
May 25th 2016 and DJI this morning released upgrade to DJIGo app.
Whats different?
Have a look. Mmmm

May 25th 2016 and DJI this morning released upgrade to DJIGo app.
Whats different?
Have a look. Mmmm

There is no option other than the "accept" button of their new contract. Read it well, it's not right. I will not agree and now I am locked out of the App and thus grounded from flying.

I sent emails to DJI, this is over the top.

There is no option other than the "accept" button of their new contract. Read it well, it's not right. I will not agree and now I am locked out of the App and thus grounded from flying.

I sent emails to DJI, this is over the top.
Why are you grounded? The Inspire will still fly with no app or tablet.

Good that you mention that. Some people though, are following their rule to always maintain a visual line of sight to their app screen :)

But seriously, besides checking the condition of the craft prior to the flight and adjust camera settings, you don't need it at all to fly. I would ground myself if I couldn't check the conditions preflight though.

I would like a decent no nonsense app that only shows basic telemetry during flying and would allow to check battery, IMU etc preflight. OK, and a map and a cameraview with controls. But that would be it as far as i'm concerned. No waypoints, follow me, selfie mode, social media integrating, DJI store, lame excuse for editing thingy, and what not.

Reactions: The Editor

I am grounded because without the App you can't monitor the compass and IMU mods, AC battery, RC signal strength,GPS, or worst of all use the camera which is the primary purpose of flying it.

I am grounded because without the App you can't monitor the compass and IMU mods, AC battery, RC signal strength,GPS, or worst of all use the camera which is the primary purpose of flying it.
Click "Accept" then!

Click "Accept" then!

Haha, you are funny.

I have been lurking for awhile and I appreciate your post they have helped me tremendously.

I read the terms and I don't agree with them so for now I won't be a good little lamb and I'm choosing to disagree. I'm asking DJI to let me to continue using the previous firmware under the original terms.

Reactions: jixxer
Haha, you are funny.

I have been lurking for awhile and I appreciate your post they have helped me tremendously.

I read the terms and I don't agree with them so for now I won't be a good little lamb and I'm choosing to disagree. I'm asking DJI to let me to continue using the previous firmware under the original terms.
I wish you luck with that one. :)
Out of interest, what specifically in the EULA/Terms is giving you cause for concern?

I wish you luck with that one. :)
Out of interest, what specifically in the EULA/Terms is giving you cause for concern?

There were several things that rub me wrong. Some of it will be paraphrased.

Obligations;
Each DJI hardware item will only be repaired subject to DJI's express written authorization and in accordance with DJI's instructions and requirements.

Prohibited conduct;
Transferring any flight Enviromental data, or any right or ability to view, access, or use any materials or any flight environment data.

Modification of terms;
DJI reserves the right to change the terms on a going forward basis at any time.

Termination of use;
Violations of the terms will result in termination automatically. DJI can terminate service for any reason or No Reason temporarily or permanently without notice to you.

Arbitration only. No class actions. (I have never sued anyone but I may need to and I want to reserve the right)

These are a few of the line items I take issue with. If you post something DJI doesn't like then your Go App use could be revoked. These are things that should have been addressed at the point of purchase.

When future terms come later in the form of a New "agree" button that you don't like, by signing this you have already agreed to accepting them. 10mph speed limit, no flights in any City boundaries, you must pay to have DJI certify your aircraft once a year or be grounded, who knows what's next. Accept or face termination of the app.

It clearly states in the new terms that your app use can be revoked for any or No reason. That is bizarre considering it is vital for operations.

Did I purchase my Inspire 1 Pro? It sure feels like I have a lease agreement and my lease is up after 7 months.

TBH of your never going to agree to the terms you better find another craft as DJI won't change a thing.

Sorry but it's going to be a choice of accept or no App.

Reactions: The Editor
Toyota just called... They are demanding I sign a new Terms of Use Agreement or the firmware that runs my truck will stop working rendering the vehicle useless.

The new terms state that Toyota owners must only use a Toyota Dealership for any and all work performed on the truck. Any work performed must be approved in advance by written permission only from Toyota.

They can terminate my use of the firmware at any time for Any and No Reason without prior notice.

Toyota owners Cannot be part of any class action or enter in any lawsuit, arbitration only.

Toyota owners cannot view, access or use any of the information logged in the the computer, not even for smog or performance tracking use.

I wish they had expressed this at the time of purchase...

Reactions: jixxer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shefy