Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone Deploy for Android vs Apple

Reaction score
Have been using my Inspire 1 and Mavic wirh my Android device. Recently have many app crashes mid flight. Anyone use both Android and Apple for flying. Is there any cons for using an Apple device? Any input ? I'm considering switching to Apple. What device is best?

I used my iPad for about 12 months when I first started flying DJI kit about 3 years ago.

I then acquired a Nexus with the thought that it would be a better option as I could reserve it for exclusive use with my drone. After about two weeks of persevering with random app crashes I went back to my iPad.

Move on two years and I recently purchased a Crystal Sky ultra bright..... guess what, within one month I went back to using my iPad again :-(

Whilst the Crystal Sky is great for use in bright light, it’s no more useful than a chocolate spanner when it crashes mid flight. Flew a job last week and had three app crashes in 11 flights!

The common link between the random app crashes looks like it could be Android....

YMMV.

Which ipad are you using?

I spent more time dealing with connecting the tablet and reconnecting during flight than I did flying this week :(

Which ipad are you using?

I spent more time dealing with connecting the tablet and reconnecting during flight than I did flying this week :(

Originally it was the iPad Air and more recently the iPad Pro. Both 10” versions, not the mini’s.

Reactions: Talin
I have an iPad Mini that is 18 months old and a Samsung S7 active about the same age. Drone Deploy on the Android platform has always been a little buggy. Sometimes it does work very well but sometimes it will fail to initiate the camera, disconnect in flight and other hindrances. These bugs have never affected the actual flight path of the Drone, just my ability to monitor it. The iPad has always been wonderful until the last couple of months. I have had trouble getting the controller to connect when initiating a flight. Once I get it to connect it flies as expected.

I ended up going with the iPad 2017, 9.6" tight fit for the stockntablet holder. Anyone have ideas about how to mount if/when we put the tablet in an OtterBox?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onaldUnino