Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

fpvlr inspire1 antennas

Hey guys..
Check out what our friends at fpvlr have created. .
Looks pretty wicked. ..
turbo. .View attachment 945
Hey guys..
this is the updated option 2 kit from fpvlr. .
notice the 3d printed mount for the boosters and battery. .
pretty smooth. .
the kit with the mount is about 180.00 usd..and aproxamently 150.00 for the boosters and battery. .not sure of the labor price,but I think it's about 150.00 usd..
happy flying. .
turbo. ...1290.jpeg

20150420_170015.jpg Hey blos pilots. .
got my controller back from fpvlr today..
I had sent it in for a check up after having a weak hd signal. .
not sure what the problem was because I flew out pretty far without signal loss..
anyway tony suggested I upgrade to his newer 2.4 GHz helix coil antennas so I did..
nice looking equipment. .
Anyway you can use the new antennas without the boosters,mount and battery ..
The cables he uses are very firm so no need for the mount unless you're planning on running the amplifiers and battery. .
Right now im getting everything charged up and I'm going to go out and see how it performs. .
happy flying. ..
turbo. ...20150420_165928.jpg

View attachment 1269 Hey blos pilots. .
got my controller back from fpvlr today..
I had sent it in for a check up after having a weak hd signal. .
not sure what the problem was because I flew out pretty far without signal loss..
anyway tony suggested I upgrade to his newer 2.4 GHz helix coil antennas so I did..
nice looking equipment. .
Anyway you can use the new antennas without the boosters,mount and battery ..
The cables he uses are very firm so no need for the mount unless you're planning on running the amplifiers and battery. .
Right now im getting everything charged up and I'm going to go out and see how it performs. .
happy flying. ..
turbo. ...View attachment 1268
I'm seriously thinking of sending my RC for option 1. Just not sure how much shipping will be from Melbourne to @FPVLR and back.
Can't wait to hear how it went Turbo.
Thanks so much for all the info.

Are the helicals CP? It looks like they are, which would mean that you need to change the antenna on the I1 also. Is that being done? if so what antenna is being put on the I1?

Are the helicals CP? It looks like they are, which would mean that you need to change the antenna on the I1 also. Is that being done? if so what antenna is being put on the I1?
Hey mOOSe..
not sure if the helix coils are CP,but you don't need to modify your bird..
I just did a test flight and my inspire went 3 miles out with full signals on a TB47 with a 3/4 lb strobe light I could see the whole way..
I'm very pleased with the performance of the helix coil antennas and if you were lucky enough to get a set of the knife style antennas I'd hold on to them because they might get phased out,
which I feel is too bad because they perform very simular and are more compact.
what a rush I get flying long distance. .
I hope you guys get as much pleasure from flying your i1 as i do my mine!!
Happy flying. .
turbo. ...

Could you provide a link for the strobe you used? I have been asked to do a long range flight with a strobe,,,,,

As far as I know they must be CP, and if used with a LP they would receive a signal loss at any range, whether or not that shows up as low signal in the app I dont know.

Long range flight is fun hey? I wont say how far I have flown on a public forum. But 3 miles is a VERY long way to fly, you have to totally trust the machine for that. Imagine losing video at that range? or losing GPS. Or even worse, flying into an area of RFI and losing both............

be careful, 2.4ghz is very commonly used, and very weak.

Could you provide a link for the strobe you used? I have been asked to do a long range flight with a strobe,,,,,

As far as I know they must be CP, and if used with a LP they would receive a signal loss at any range, whether or not that shows up as low signal in the app I dont know.

Long range flight is fun hey? I wont say how far I have flown on a public forum. But 3 miles is a VERY long way to fly, you have to totally trust the machine for that. Imagine losing video at that range? or losing GPS. Or even worse, flying into an area of RFI and losing both............

Sure I'll post a link of the strobe I used..
We are all different and have different views of what we believe is safe and what is not and unfortunately some people get a little carried away..(I'm not saying
You are)
I believe there is need for blos flights and im willing to talk about it..
as far as I know I'm in compliance for the most part and so I'm not going to let fear of the blos police stop me from exploring the possibilities of blos flying and doing what makes me happy. .
when flying near sunset using a strobe like I use you can clearly see the inspire out to the distance I mentioned. .
my last flight was at night and I had no problem seeing very very far away..
as we find lighter brighter strobes it will be easier to keep your drone within los at great distances..
Had a blast guys..can't wait to fly again tomorrow. .
turbo. ...20150421_003212.jpg

This is the light..Screenshot_2015-04-21-00-40-08.png

that looks like a nice light, do you make it "strobe" yourself?
I will look up the specs on that and maybe work a couple of them onto the inspire...................

I am not worried about people of forums giving me a hard time about any BLOS flights, I just wouldnt mention it too much because of the region in whih I live and the fact that one does not want to get caught doing illegal things, that is why i would never do a BLOS :)

apart from that, the FCC cert on the handset is instantly void when antennas are changed, it it illegal to put a removable antenna on a system that hasnt been certified for that use, you arent allowed to transmit on the power levels that the boosters are using, etc etc, there are just too many legalities that come into play. If you live in a place where you are happy to run the risk then its all fine.

And then a word of warning to anyone thinking of doing BLOS at a great distance, pay attention to wind direction and speed, and dont fall into the trap of a headwind slowing your return journey................................... Strictly not speaking from experience of course

that looks like a nice light, do you make it "strobe" yourself?
I will look up the specs on that and maybe work a couple of them onto the inspire...................

I am not worried about people of forums giving me a hard time about any BLOS flights, I just wouldnt mention it too much because of the region in whih I live and the fact that one does not want to get caught doing illegal things, that is why i would never do a BLOS :)

apart from that, the FCC cert on the handset is instantly void when antennas are changed, it it illegal to put a removable antenna on a system that hasnt been certified for that use, you arent allowed to transmit on the power levels that the boosters are using, etc etc, there are just too many legalities that come into play. If you live in a place where you are happy to run the risk then its all fine.

And then a word of warning to anyone thinking of doing BLOS at a great distance, pay attention to wind direction and speed, and dont fall into the trap of a headwind slowing your return journey................................... Strictly not speaking from experience of course
I feel you..but I wish you wouldn't have taken it there..
I have a turbo and nitrous on my motorcycle. .
guess I'm a bad guy cause I like extremes..
also I said it was in los...

Ive only read a few official papers concerning distances, but 500m is generally considered en LOS boarder,

I wouldnt worry about extremes if I were you, just do it safely.

So does the light strobe on its own or have you modded it? whats the other funky stuff youve strapped on the arms?

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
Ive only read a few official papers concerning distances, but 500m is generally considered en LOS boarder,

So does the light strobe on its own or have you modded it? whats the other funky stuff youve strapped on the arms?
The light has 4 positions the forth being the strobe..
the light and battery are heavy and weigh in at 3/4 lb ..
perhaps you could use two strobes and attach it to one battery. .
the orange thing is a getter back rod recovery system. .
it's good to up to 100 ft deep water and can hold10 lbs or something..
I have a tk102 tracker and a locator 8 tracker. .
oh and I just put the bottle on it..nos baby...haha..
that's probably got to be illegal. ..lol...
turbo charger is next...

The way I interpret the law is you can't use binoculars or anything to aid sight besides eye glasses. .
they don't say anything about making you craft more visible. .
I saw a post that kind of started out as a joke about mounting a light on his inspire and adam posted a pic of a bicycle light and the idea grew from there..
there's been a few copy cats but that's cool..
turbo. .

the other drone i use has tiny LEDS on it, and they are visible up to 1km easily,

If I see one of these locally I might get it and have a play:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SolarStor...056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43dad79020

The problem with laws is that it doenst matter how an individual interprets it, most of the time its how the police interpret it that counts, and perhaps a judge.........
Hey mOOse..
man I was having a good day after dealing with some issues in my life by posting about my antennas and what not..
I'm really not sure why you had to bring me down by drilling me with the legal stuff..
maybe you're one of the alphabet gang..Idk..
but the thing is I don't think its right that you made me feel like I'm a criminal because I want to fly blos..
would have been nice for you to use your obvious intelligence to further the cause not derail it by making many people on here piss their pants...
if I was promoting dangerous things or saying crazy stuff I would understand, but I'm a guy who changed some antennas on a rc..
BFD÷!!!..
I saw a huge array of antennas and who knows what else at laguna last week and thought to myself I bet those antennas put of some significant signals..is that legal?? Should it be cause a dude got a license?? Why doesn't anyone complain about that??
Arrest that guy !!
Ah let's just get turbo...hes an easy target...

Take it easy man,

I fully appreciate the design of the antennas etc, I am toying with getting them, not for BLOS , but to make sure I have a top notch signal at close range.

I wouldnt complain about people letting you know about legalities, infact i'd tend to thank them. Imagine that it was a police officer who let you know.

Personally I consider a 3 mile flight dangerous and irresponsible, especially if it were in an urban setting. Still I dont want to point the finger at you.

Just think of it like the turbo on the bike, its legal to get to the speed limit in a more enjoyable way, but if you go over it, then dont complain when you get nailed by the law.

Plus people reading this that have no clue might think " oh cool im guna do that" then get themselves into trouble flying and cause even more bad press for people who do things the way they should be done....

I just googled that Getterback thingy, thats sweet, I will be investing in a few of those.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb920questions