Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FW update - Overexposed photos

Reaction score
After the most recent firmware update, all of my photos are extremely overexposed (beyond salvageable) with all auto photo settings and the ISO set at 100.
Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
It's extremely unusual because normally you can tell when the picture will come out overexposed from the video feed on the flight screen, however it looks perfectly fine until you go into the photo gallery and see how bright the photos came out...

Does it happen if you use manual mode and set all parameters manually?

I have to go through a guess-and-check process because when the settings are manually set, the video feed can look perfectly exposed but then the photos still come out extremely overexposed.

Here's an example:
5a7ccc91ce146f10ff804b1f51da0a5f.jpg
8a4fd54af162189cdacb4c0d0b19e54d.jpg

I have to go through a guess-and-check process because when the settings are manually set, the video feed can look perfectly exposed but then the photos still come out extremely overexposed.

Here's an example:
5a7ccc91ce146f10ff804b1f51da0a5f.jpg
8a4fd54af162189cdacb4c0d0b19e54d.jpg
Is this an image from the playback? Have you moved them to a computer to see how they look there? If they are the same on your computer than I suggest connecting the I2 to your computer using the DJI Assistant 2 and doing a Restore Factory Settings, then update the firmware.

Is this an image from the playback? Have you moved them to a computer to see how they look there? If they are the same on your computer than I suggest connecting the I2 to your computer using the DJI Assistant 2 and doing a Restore Factory Settings, then update the firmware.

The pictures are the same on the computer and on the playback gallery. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that soon.

I did the restore factory defaults through DJI Assistant 2 and then refreshed the firmware since it was still telling me the firmware was current after the restore. Still having the same exact issue.
Am I the only one?

Do you have any other I2 operators near you that would allow you to try their camera? Have you tried a different SD card?

Reactions: SanCap
I did the restore factory defaults through DJI Assistant 2 and then refreshed the firmware since it was still telling me the firmware was current after the restore. Still having the same exact issue.
Am I the only one?

did you have the camera connected when reflashing the firmware? almost seems like something went wonky with the camera firmware? not sure if you've tried this but you might try again and make sure to reflash the firmware on the controller as well? also you might try to delete and reinstall the app on the mobile device if you haven't done so.

did you have the camera connected when reflashing the firmware? almost seems like something went wonky with the camera firmware? not sure if you've tried this but you might try again and make sure to reflash the firmware on the controller as well? also you might try to delete and reinstall the app on the mobile device if you haven't done so.

Camera was connected for the firmware refresh. I've tried taking photos with both my iPad and the CrystalSky monitors, all have the same result. I have not done a firmware refresh on the controller- I doubt that would change anything. This is seriously puzzling me and DJI has not responded to my emails.

Out of desperation I have done yet another restore factory defaults and a firmware refresh through DJI Assistant. I also uninstalled and checked the camera, then reinstalled the camera. I also uninstalled and reinstalled DJI GO 4 on my iPad. After all of this, I am getting the same results.. a perfect video feed but extremely overexposed photos. When I set the EV to -2.0 the photos are as overexposed as they were when the EV is set at 0. When the EV is set at -2.3, the photos come out extremely dark... there is absolutely no in between. I have checked my photos from when the problem began and I can confirm that the problem began right after I last updated the firmware.

Out of desperation I have done yet another restore factory defaults and a firmware refresh through DJI Assistant. I also uninstalled and checked the camera, then reinstalled the camera. I also uninstalled and reinstalled DJI GO 4 on my iPad. After all of this, I am getting the same results.. a perfect video feed but extremely overexposed photos. When I set the EV to -2.0 the photos are as overexposed as they were when the EV is set at 0. When the EV is set at -2.3, the photos come out extremely dark... there is absolutely no in between. I have checked my photos from when the problem began and I can confirm that the problem began right after I last updated the firmware.

I am not sure what else we can offer as suggestions to help troubleshoot this issue. It appears to be a camera or most likely the processor in the aircraft. You are probably going to have to contact DJI and get a repair order going.

Any update on your exposure issue?

Last edited:
Camera was connected for the firmware refresh. I've tried taking photos with both my iPad and the CrystalSky monitors, all have the same result. I have not done a firmware refresh on the controller- I doubt that would change anything. This is seriously puzzling me and DJI has not responded to my emails.

the reason i suggest giving the controller firmware a shot , I remember during the last firmware update, during the image processor update it appeared to communicate with the RC, which i thought was odd. i suppose it could have to do with streaming the live feed to the mobile device or crystal sky?

@Florida Drone Supply Do you know if part of the image processor is in the RC, what do you know about that? Also do you know if the I2 supports the extra pins for U3 speeds writing or reading to microSD cards?

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu