Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Getting an EU equivalency 107 or SFOC!

Reaction score
I have a shoot in Poland coming up and it is really hard to get the CAA approved certificate in any of the EU based countries as they don't recognize the 107 or SFOC, which is shameful!
Does anyone know of any EU country with less stringent regulations?
I can apply there and if approved, Poland would accept it being an EU certificate. I have no intention of flying in any other country at this time, only using it as a conduit for Poland.
I hear that Portugal is less fussy. Any thoughts?

I have a shoot in Poland coming up and it is really hard to get the CAA approved certificate in any of the EU based countries as they don't recognize the 107 or SFOC, which is shameful!
Does anyone know of any EU country with less stringent regulations?
I can apply there and if approved, Poland would accept it being an EU certificate. I have no intention of flying in any other country at this time, only using it as a conduit for Poland.
I hear that Portugal is less fussy. Any thoughts?
You asked about Poland here...
Polish Equivalent of the FAA or Transport Canada?
Currently there is no 'EU' certification for UAV operations as it falls within a specific countries laws and rules which are governed by that countries civil aviation authority.
A certification in one country is not recognized or accepted in another.

You asked about Poland here...
Polish Equivalent of the FAA or Transport Canada?
Currently there is no 'EU' certification for UAV operations as it falls within a specific countries laws and rules which are governed by that countries civil aviation authority.
A certification in one country is not recognized or accepted in another.
Actually, you are incorrect.
The Polish authority CAA said they don't accept Canadian or US certificates but they do accept any EU based ones.
This is why I am applying in another EU country such as Britain .
I have most of their qualifications submitted and just need to update a few things before resubmitting the app again.
They told me today I am nearly there. What a hassle though!
The good thing is that it is good for a year!
The Polish CAA said they would honour the UK certificate and told me to submit it to them once I have it.

Actually, you are incorrect.
The Polish authority CAA said they don't accept Canadian or US certificates but they do accept any EU based ones.
This is why I am applying in another EU country such as Britain .
I have most of their qualifications submitted and just need to update a few things before resubmitting the app again.
They told me today I am nearly there. What a hassle though!
The good thing is that it is good for a year!
The Polish CAA said they would honour the UK certificate and told me to submit it to them once I have it.
How are you going to gain a UK PfCO without submitting an Operations Manual which will have to be checked and accepted by the UK CAA before they will entertain issuing a permission? The document runs to around 50 pages and will have to include not only your entire operation practices but also a comprehensive emergency procedure listing together with the correct references for MORS reporting and addendum and appendices referencing the Air Navigation order.
I'm not sure you have been told the correct information, but go for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdolphBonn