Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Groundstation coming?

Well I hope so, these 3 alone (Ground Station, Live Streaming, Director) will give the I1 the well deserved edge we all hoped for and along with a better camera will make this a truly awesome UAV. We'll have to wait and see, cheers Mark

Not sure I agree. The pilot app will be the same app for I1 and P3, and the features above will be identical for all intents and purposes. GS may have the added capability of allowing a single operator control the camera during autonomous flight on the I1, but that's only my conjecture at this point.

Otherwise: no advantage for I1 in those 3 features.

Handheld gimbal and camera upgrade for the Inspire WOULD help differentiate the I1 and P3 though.

Not sure I agree. The pilot app will be the same app for I1 and P3, and the features above will be identical for all intents and purposes. GS may have the added capability of allowing a single operator control the camera during autonomous flight on the I1, but that's only my conjecture at this point.

Handheld gimbal and camera upgrade for the Inspire WOULD help differentiate the I1 and P3 though.

Hi, yes sorry wasn't thinking about the P3, just an I1 will be finally, the UAV I hoped for.

Reactions: damoncooper
Great news that some sort of ground station system will be integrated for the Inspire soon. Still a bit confused though?

The ground-station, follow-me and point-of-interest features of the P3 are all under the SDK section of that page of the DJI site, does this mean that (for the P3), they will only be available if developed by third parties?

In terms of the Inspire, ground-station and SDK are listed separately in that emailout, so to me that means ground-station (with limited functionality) will be added to the Inspire Pilot App by DJI, but other automated features will need to be developed by third parties using the Inspire SDK.

I know its basically pointless second guessing DJI, but it was just a thought I had.

The current situation reminds me a little bit of the iOS app problem, when a lot of people were 100% sure on all the forums that an iOS version of the app will never be available, considering the Lightbridge app was not availbale in the App Store, one year after its release, and also the ''video signal over usb'' Apple policy.

Now once again I notice a lot of people saying this news are ''bla bla bla, it will never happen, or it's gonna be too late etc.''
Guess a little bit of optimism is better.
I think this is great news for an Inspire owner and it is a solid confirmation that during this year we will be able to enjoy new complex features of our birds.
Just my two cents opinion, as I am one of the people really pleased with this official announcement.
Well said!!

So for me here's the difference... I own phantoms, inspire, flame wheels and an S800.

1 Flight performance. The Inspire is far more stable in flight under less than optimal conditions. I have flown both birds on the same days and in tough conditions, the Inspire difference is clearly evident
2 360 degree view. Not sure why photographers.videographers wouldn't see the obvious advantage of this capability
3 Dual operator capability. Again for a real "shooter" you can't negate this capability... It's a game changer, not to mention freeing up a pilot from framing and shooting while flying (even if you think you can do that safely)
4 Power. The larger birds have more power. That equates to beautiful subtle slow movement. Again a must for shooting truly professional footage.

I dont compare the heavy rig running light bridge to my Inspire. They do even more of the same thing... But the scale of the birds do make a difference. I like that there is common functionality happening across the line-up and I like being able to pick the right craft for the job... on the right day.

I hope this integration continues to advance and the lines between products as far as software/control feature set

Reactions: Keks
Great! When was the hand held gimbal devise announced? and it is still not available. Why announce something if it won't be available for 6 months?

http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/next-ios-update-almost-ready.2612/

Some of the features might be released soon for iOS. Android has already received an update.

Guess the new iOS update, probably to be released in the next couple days, will bring only compatibility of the Pilot app with Phantom 3. All the other awaited and promised Inspire features will be offered later, somewhere during this summer. It's just my opinion, not an official DJI statement, based on the informations shared online during the last couple days.

So after all the excitement of new features!? We end up with a app that seems to crash according to FB, and a sort of Final Cut not so Pro.

It's a bit like an airline meal, you get all excited and I should know better!

Sooner o later we will get GS, I have to admit the waiting time is very annoying, one thing I know for sure once we wet it I won't be testing it right away, I prefer to wait until a considerable number of pilots give us some reports of bugs, etc, and only then I will give it a try, that's for sure!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc