Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to get DJI to respond

Reaction score
Hi all, I having problems getting DJI to respond to a warranty issue with my sons Mavic. it is having problems with the video after a just days from new, we have care refresh. I have communicated with support over the online chat that have advised me to raise a email to support to send back them. from that point on it has taken them 5 days to send a mailing label and we are still waiting.

Does anyone know of a way of escalating within DJI to speed up this process so we can send it back ? Overtime we send an email requesting the response in broken english is the same just wait and we will get back to you.

I am hoping we don't need to use this process for my Inspire 2 !!!

We are base in Australia.

If it's new and uncrashed, why not return it to the dealer for an exchange? DJI service isn't always that good or fast, even with Refresh that seems a waste in your case (I'm pondering that expenditure now which seems questionable with DJI.). I rarely have good luck with "We'll respond to you later" answers.

Good luck!

Reactions: jlrsn
Agreed, if it is one day old and un-crashed then I'd be straight back to the dealer.

If that isn't possible because of where you purchased it I'd be inclined to put some more details on the Mavic forum to get help with the problem as it may be nothing to do with the Mavic itself, so you don't want to rush to send it in...

Mark has a good point about the video. Might not be your Mavic.

For me, most of the video issues are from my devices I watch them on (Include real computers that I do editing on too!) which are getting old in terms of GO 4. Even my ipad Air 2, which used to provide wonderful non-lagging video, is starting to break up and lag. No doubt the Air 2 is going on the unacceptable list this year. My S6 phone already has hit the unusable wall for me even though they show both of the devices on their acceptable list. I don't know what their tolerance level is with regards to how much video breakup makes them acceptable? I'd guess the Air 2 is breaking up 2% of the time now. The Samsungs I have are about 40% of the time - if they connect which is another matter (Not a fan of Samsung here!) - or if they will respond to me touching the screen which is also an issue.

I fear the only one that may "work well" will be the iPad Pro 10.5 (Newest model with A10X processor.) as GO 4 grows and leaves old devices behind. Video lag will likely show up in a lot more older devices this year. I wish DJI would get GO back to a flying app and not editing, social media uploaders, simulators, online shopping, etc. It's just too darn big and demanding for a phone app!

@cinan01 I would recommend getting in contact with the dealer or reseller where the aircraft was purchased as they will have different points of contact at DJI depending on the region that they can assist you through. I believe in Australia it will work the same way as it does here in North America. Unfortunately we do not have the Australia contacts that can assist you. Sorry to hear about your frustration.

Make a youtube video, post it around the forums, hopefully it gets a bit of bad PR and you'll probably get a concerned DJI rep contact you.

Hi all, I having problems getting DJI to respond to a warranty issue with my sons Mavic. it is having problems with the video after a just days from new, we have care refresh. I have communicated with support over the online chat that have advised me to raise a email to support to send back them. from that point on it has taken them 5 days to send a mailing label and we are still waiting.

Does anyone know of a way of escalating within DJI to speed up this process so we can send it back ? Overtime we send an email requesting the response in broken english is the same just wait and we will get back to you.

I am hoping we don't need to use this process for my Inspire 2 !!!

We are base in Australia.
I've had the same problem. It got better when I started taking notes on who I was talking to at support and what they had promised me. I downloaded a phone call record app and informed them they were being recorded for my records. When speaking to a support person I would ask for their manager. Eventually I only talked to the managers. I would read back to them who I'd talked to and what they had said in previous phone calls. I threatened to open a Federal Trade Commission case on DJI etc. It took me months to get them to straighten out their own mistakes that prevented me from using my DJI Refresh....but it finally happened.

This is a topic that gets me fuming mad. I'm pasting a reply I just posted to someone else having a similar issue elsewhere on this forum...

I feel your pain. DJI service is THE WORST! I had to send a buzzing radio back and it took over 3 weeks (I also have DJI Care). This is a minor complaint compared to yours, but I returned the radio in the original packaging (pretty nice box with custom padding) and got it back wrapped in bubble wrap in a crappy cardboard box. I live in LA less than an hour from the repair center and even know a few DJI employees from another office and could not get a status update to save my life. I may as well have sent it to China. I swear I would switch from DJI in a heartbeat if another company had competitive products but DJI stands so far above the competition. I'm really tempted to file a dispute with my credit card company to get my DJI Care refunded.

I purchased my gear directly from DJI. Moving forward, if a retailer were able to provide their own service I'd happily pay extra to go that route rather than take my chances with DJI direct again.

A friend of mine has a drone related YouTube channel and featured this very topic...

I posted comments and DJI replied but I have very serious doubts that their word is worth anything.

I have a Mavic with the blurry edge issue and I really want it fixed but I've been hesitating to send it in because I fear I won't see it for a long time even though I have DJI Care for that as well. And I've actually used it quite a bit for work (lower budget jobs where I can get by with the blurry edge even though it drives me crazy).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb920questions