Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I want my money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has the biggest temper problem I've seen on a forum. Like really? Sue a company like DJI because you aren't happy? Boo hoo. If you think that you're going to come out on top you're the joke here. The product is a tool, for people who know what they're doing. Not a average consumer product for an enthusiast who likes to fly around for fun. Its not meant to be a fun device for everyone, or else everyone would have some type of a drone, just as everyone has a smart phone it seems like these days. If you were an experienced pilot, knew what they go through to get a product that works this well, at this size, weight, and this much technology all in one, for 3000$, then you would be like most of us and be astonished at what we have here. Its truly and industry leader and you're complaining about the problems that are arising from something like this. I've flown a few drones in my time with this category of rc, and DJI is always the most well buffered and stable platform on the scene especially for the money. Their products combine speed, maneuverability, battery life, range, and user friendliness into one package. Thats what the Phantom is best at, and I'm sure you're thinking the Inspire sucks. If you don't like the Inspire, I would say you're not ready for the jump to midrange aerial filming on a quad rotor, for the price of this. The only remedy I would say you have is shell out 8k for a higher end machine that will eliminate all your issues. And even still I can bet you will not be satisfied.

BECAUSE consumer drones are a new technology. They haven't been around a long time like Cars and cell phones have been. This took off 3-5 years ago, and you expect a Cadillac drone for 3k, when there are 10k$ drones available.

This has only been out for literally a month. Just calm yourself down and don't bring this type of upset to such a praised product.

I want a class action if they dont recall the INSPIRE 1. If this was anything else people would be flipping there **** with the issues that are surfacing. 3,000 dollars is a ton of money for such an unusable rickety scary piece of ****. I have significant time flying 3D heilis, and this thing actually scares me. It seems unpredictable at best. Flying in ATTI is the only time I feel like I am in control. This new flight controller is scary. It seems like there progression in flight controller design is really a regression. Less and less reliable. Oh and the camera is not 4K. The resolution is more like a 4K Claude Monet. Low light is awful, tons of Aliasing, dead pixels, Blah Blah Blah.
zoom in its not 4K. If you dont know what 4k looks like let me show you.

Its only a matter of time until some innocent civilian gets really hurt. Irresponsible marketing, incredible fail DJI. For all of the total nerds out there that think this is normal and a-okay, its not. Grow a pair.
I want a class action if they dont recall the INSPIRE 1. If this was anything else people would be flipping there **** with the issues that are surfacing. 3,000 dollars is a ton of money for such an unusable rickety scary piece of ****. I have significant time flying 3D heilis, and this thing actually scares me. It seems unpredictable at best. Flying in ATTI is the only time I feel like I am in control. This new flight controller is scary. It seems like there progression in flight controller design is really a regression. Less and less reliable. Oh and the camera is not 4K. The resolution is more like a 4K Claude Monet. Low light is awful, tons of Aliasing, dead pixels, Blah Blah Blah.
zoom in its not 4K. If you dont know what 4k looks like let me show you.

Its only a matter of time until some innocent civilian gets really hurt. Irresponsible marketing, incredible fail DJI. For all of the total nerds out there that think this is normal and a-okay, its not. Grow a pair.

The Inspire 1 is really as piece of work & I all the more impressed with it being designed & manuf. in China. If the FAA was doing their job & we're not to so antagonistic towards the UAV industry, we wouldn't have the bugs, recalls, or issues. All the problems we've had would have been dealt with before a CoA or UAV equiv. airworthiness was issued by the FAA.

Congress needs to put the FAA's behavior in check, it's blatantly discriminatory, biased, & illegal. the FAA has spent at least a $1,000,000 of taxpayer's money trying to chase down & fining a foreign individual who caused no harm to person or property, have several times made changes to regulations without using std. protocols only to reverse them. They have repeatedly asked UAV mfg's to provide changes in software/hardware that enforce whatever the FAA wants. I believe this method is illegal for the FAA to ask. Furthermore all statements that have come from the FAA, include two separate constants. First, there has not been any adjusts made to tradition aviation policy/procedures & second, all statements referring to UAVs or operators contain CAN'T, WON'T, or FORBIDDENED. I can not find a statement in which the FAA has, in written form, made declarative statement containing SHALL, CAN, ALLOWED, etc.

It's obvious the FAA has more of an interest in prevention & not safety & the promotion of the industry. Thus I can not see how congress should allow the FAA to maintain authority over UAV's. They're creating a dangerous environment for all air travel & would almost say they are doing so to create an accident so they can stop all UAV activity within the US.

So when you get angry with DJI & your Inspire 1 take 2 steps back & look at what's really going on. There's no regs. in place to insure what you purchased has been manufactured to specifications set forth by our country's gov't agency. Our gov't hasn't done a single thing yet & furthermore everything DJI has provided her customers & followed up with fixes, updates, & even prop locks is ALL at her complete discretion.

Wormwood

Dji will sell you prop guards for a vision plus knowing it's gone crash your phantom. B&h will tell you. Then they sell the i1 knowing the propellers gone fly off. The motors got screw threads. Why? There is no returning once you've flown it! Some of us didn't get a promotional craft for free. If it wasn't for you forum gentleman this would have ended in a total disaster. Who really wants a tb47 when you got 1! Dji executives must be ex dope dealers. It's like throwing good money at bad moneyimage.jpgimage.jpg

I just talked to the real Tahoe Ed. He is working on the upcoming resolution to all of this. I appreciate the call. Trolling was the only way I could cut through all of your pom poms. It worked I got to talk to the one guy I think may actually have some answers. Im still unhappy with the majority of my inspire tech help experience. It sucks that it has sat this entire time unable to work. I am still mad over the financial loss from its unwillingness to perform on the job. Ed's call was a step in the right direction for sure. Think twice about getting a DJI tattoo for all you fanboys out there. Im out. I would love to know how many units are having issues?

Nick, I told you what I needed you to do. I got your email but you did not supply your contact information. Without that, I cannot help you further. While I appreciate you acknowledgement of our call I don't appreciate your "fond' farewell. That was not necessary when we are trying to assist you.

Wow Nick. Nice fail. Lol you had to get that last word in since you got your way. Temper temper.

Wow Nick. Nice fail. Lol you had to get that last word in since you got your way. Temper temper.
If your comment refers to Ed's last post you are missing some context. Most of it. Otherwise how did I fail Brian? I really don't see any way to win here? I lost the second I bought my INSPIRE for work. I lost when I showed up in the middle of the ocean to do work and the new firmware prevented me from even starting the motors. Thats actually the fail in this saga. Did I convert any of the DJI pom pom squad? No, but did I get to have my first insightful phone conversation with someone that actually works for DJI? Yes, I did. Am I a believer now? No, not at all. It will take time to believe the hype. After all I am an ******* that will never ever be happy. I will continue to feed my desires for drudging by feasting on negativity on forums just like this one.

On another note, truly no sarcasm here... What do you do with your INSPIRE? An interesting thread to start would be, "why did you buy an INSPIRE" I am sincerely interested. I think the frustration that is on the DJI forum and this forum may be related to wether you bought it as a toy, or if you bought it to do a job... As a toy is fascinating to me seeing how with 3000 dollars you can buy a legit heli. Inspire vs a new ALIGN, I think the heli wins for fun factor no?

Nick I see that you are a man of your word. Why am I not surprised.

Nick,

You've got to get over your anger. I too am unhappy with the Inspire rollout but have moved on. I'm actually very pleased to have it at this point.

Your posts are not constructive and only serve as a distraction. Please - sell your Inspire, move on, and leave this forum to those who have something constructive to add.

Reactions: bill
Nick,

You've got to get over your anger. I too am unhappy with the Inspire rollout but have moved on. I'm actually very pleased to have it at this point.

Your posts are not constructive and only serve as a distraction. Please - sell your Inspire, move on, and leave this forum to those who have something constructive to add.
IM SO ANGRY SO ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY
anigif_enhanced-buzz-15651-1355941312-4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry but i think its awesome, OK i have zero flying experience before getting my Inspire and have found zero issues with the camera providing the nd filter is on. I properly tighten the propers as you are supposed to, thus they do not come off.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Nick, you represent yourself as someone doing serious oceanographic research. Mind giving us a link to your bona fides, any research you've published, articles you've written, aerial videos you've produced supporting that research.....that kind of thing?

See, I'd love to see the serious side of you, because the side you've presented on this forum has been the 12 year-old spoiled brat who doesn't get his way and takes his marbles home.

I think the frustration that is on the DJI forum and this forum may be related to wether you bought it as a toy, or if you bought it to do a job...
Many of us use it for various jobs. You just had a bit of bad luck (or lack of prior research?) that the particular job you want to do with it is the only one it can't do.

And by the way, I've read somewhere else that DJI was working on a solution for that, so you might just want to wait a bit?

Nick, you represent yourself as someone doing serious oceanographic research. Mind giving us a link to your bona fides, any research you've published, articles you've written, aerial videos you've produced supporting that research.....that kind of thing?

See, I'd love to see the serious side of you, because the side you've presented on this forum has been the 12 year-old spoiled brat who doesn't get his way and takes his marbles home.
I will not share anything with you! Nothing! You will have to speculate!

Many of us use it for various jobs. You just had a bit of bad luck (or lack of prior research?) that the particular job you want to do with it is the only one it can't do.

And by the way, I've read somewhere else that DJI was working on a solution for that, so you might just want to wait a bit?[/QUOTE
Read original. I did do my research. Even tested. Then they force you into firmware update. Whammmy no boat launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds