Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 motor replacement

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Had a mishap the other day. The machine survived but two motors suffered hard prop strikes and the bearings are no longer smooth. I have not disassembled an I2 motor mount but it seems fairly straightforward and it also seems like replacing a motor should be simple due to their integrated connector. Any insights from folks who have already done this?

It is realitivly painless. Make sure you order the correct motor / make sure it’s the same product number though. So soldering required and it’s pretty much plug n play. I’d watch some tear down videos on YouTube to get an idea of what you are getting into.

If you need ESC boards, I have new ones very cheap. Motors are $70 or so. Might be a good idea to replace the boards also. Depending on what you find once you get in there.

We recently replaced two motors on our I2 and it’s relatively easy. You need to remove the landing leg, by first loosening the 4 screws that are visible which hold on the little outer cover on the front of the leg. It then prys off by putting a very small screw driver under the middle of that front plate and it will pop off. It has little tabs on each end and by bending it slightly in the middle they will release.

Remove the antenna that’s under that tab. Loosen exposed screws and continue doing so as you get near the motor. There is a small flat plug that needs to be released from the motor which we found easiest to grasp with a pair of needle nose pliers.

Be sure to lock tight the motor screws when you replace.

I think I have the exact email from Advexure with proper instructions, but don’t have it in hand at the moment. Will look for it and post it if I can find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reubenmarie