Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 shaking badly.

The only time I've ever seen anything like this is when I had ESC problems on one of my helicopters. Software allowed me to make changes so I was able to work it out. I think you are right, it could be tied to the firmware. Try reloading the lastest firmware.

The only time I've ever seen anything like this is when I had ESC problems on one of my helicopters. Software allowed me to make changes so I was able to work it out. I think you are right, it could be tied to the firmware. Try reloading the lastest firmware.

Plus you didn't have those issues before the download... just my opinion.

I'm guessing this is a combo of issues. I had similar, although not quite as dramatic vibrations, landed, checked props and forums and one prop was loose. My guess is that the vibration from the loose prop caused the accelerometers and other flight control sensors to incorrectly detect the angle the i2 was flying at, hence the stuttery flight. If you notice this only happens when the i2 is hovering, for me the second I applied any input to the controls the issue would subside, but while it was hovering it would start to vibrate, dip and sway.

I swapped the mounting plate for the loose prop and then tested several props to find one that didn't rattle and since then no more issues (fingers crossed).

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
No, it was up overhead maybe 10 meters when I heard it making that brr..brr..brr throbbing noise like in the I2 video. Wind was unlikely as there was a flagpole nearby and flag wasn't moving at all. When I looked at it it was bobbing around making that throbbing noise so I landed it. Next day it was fine. I don't know what was going on, but it did have a firmware update prior to all this. (I'm beginning to think any firmware update is questionable now!).

That I2 video seems to be above any vortex area too when it makes that noise and shakes. When he begins landing it with the gear going down it gets quiet and doesn't shake as much. I don't know why landing gear down would make it smooth out and that throbbing noise to stop. Defect somewhere.
It sounds to me like the positioning of the props in flight mode is out of alignment or out of sync. To me this is evident by the sounds and vibrations going away when the landing gear is in the down position. You're Drone needs to go in for repair before any more flights.

The I2 in this video sounds bad and looks like it is about to shake itself apart in the closeup (~40 seconds in.).

I've heard the same throbbing noise out of my old P4 at times and don't know if it is motor, prop, or ESC related. No winds when I heard it, but it was bobbing around too and now wondering if it is bad firmware. Another day it was fine and I don't know what or why.
that last FIRMWARE UPDATE has really screwed mine up too. Not that bad . . . but APP issues, much less speed and controlability and of course the normal piss me off LOOSE all my settings ! You might try to update the IMU/Compass, but that is definitely something firmware related

that last FIRMWARE UPDATE has really screwed mine up too. Not that bad . . . but APP issues, much less speed and controlability and of course the normal piss me off LOOSE all my settings ! You might try to update the IMU/Compass, but that is definitely something firmware related

Anyone know when DJI will be releasing another update to fix all the issues caused by the previous update? Tired of waiting for a fix.

HI Guys! I have come on to this form to look for this exact issue! My I2 is doing the same thing! Absolutely exactly the same!

:(

My I2 is also doing this dance in flight mode too! Tried just about everything but send it back to DJI, did anyone figure out a fix?

HI Guys! I have come on to this form to look for this exact issue! My I2 is doing the same thing! Absolutely exactly the same!

:(
Did you figure anything out about this issue? I had to finish a job recently where it was in landing mode the whole time.

Hi did you by chance figure out what the problem was to this issue? Mine is doing the same thing right now. stable in landing mode however.

Gents, mine do the same... I have post the problem on the DJI forum, however there is no answer yet. (My post: I have the same problem too. I did not use my inspire 2 for two months and one week ago I tried to fly but at the time when I fly up "DJI Go" gives me warnings that do not use High-Altitude Propellers at the low altitude (note: I use normal prop. # 1550CW and before never had the message). When my drone reached operation position at the 2 meters high, it started to shake horrible... I did all calibration, however there were no any changing. Then I thought that problem due to low temp. (app. minus 15 C). I had to wait four days till warming-up... however I had same problem and my inspire shaked after fly up at 2 meters. Then I did all up dates and today test my inspire, I had same message do not use High-Altitude Propellers and my inspire droped from 2 meters to the ground. Fortunately, there is no any damage and I test my inspire without X5S camera... What is happen with my inspire 2, I use my flycammera for 8 months and never have the problem?

Dear pilot please note that there is a note form dji go as: do not use High-Altitude Propellers at the low altitude

Does this happen close to the ground as in part of the vortex ring state is it higher than that?
VRS does not occur when in ground effect. It is usually a symptom encountered when above the hovering ceiling and decreasing in airspeed but increasing decent velocity.

Reactions: MrTVR
The I2 in this video sounds bad and looks like it is about to shake itself apart in the closeup (~40 seconds in.).

I've heard the same throbbing noise out of my old P4 at times and don't know if it is motor, prop, or ESC related. No winds when I heard it, but it was bobbing around too and now wondering if it is bad firmware. Another day it was fine and I don't know what or why.
Since others appear to be suffering this harmonic oscillation we can (probably) rule out prop imbalance or arm T-Joint damper issues.
That being the case I would say it is more a PID tuning problem in the Flight Controller which will have to be corrected with a firmware update.

There is only one way to wait update or I can fix the problem by myself...? could you please advise

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shefy