Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Impossible to fit propellers

Reaction score
Website
www.vflpix.com
Hi Pilots!

I have already seen a few threads on here about rattling propellers but not much on the issue or propellers that will not fit at all. Disappointing surprise today indeed as none of my propellers will fit my inspire 2 and simply appear to be from a wrong batch. As shown in the picture of my set below, there is simply no way for the propellers to fit. This is by a huge margin so these are not tolerance issues. I have contacted support and obtained a ticket n° (399099 if anybody from Dji reads this) and will update the thread if I get any news.

props.jpg

There was a warning about that version of the props posted on RCGroups by one of the DJI reps there, Ken.

You should find that DJI will replace these for you without any problems.

New firmware should make them fit.
Or DJI's usual response....... Do an IMU calibration and the props should fit fine.
Any chance that this firmware could also edit my shots and, optional but nice, make coffee? ;-)

Better laugh than cry but hopefully this is fixed quickly... Somehow I have the feeling that being in US/China would be better than Switzerland for a fast solution!

Better laugh than cry but hopefully this is fixed quickly... Somehow I have the feeling that being in US/China would be better than Switzerland for a fast solution!

I would suggest that you contact the EU Support Centre. they have been delivering some very fast turnarounds recently...

Reactions: Cruncher
hey fit like a dream. Best red and white are "tight" when they go on but have a reassuring click from the spring catch when i full position and you need to be sure the catch is fully depressed before rotate to release. I have used them on and off about ten times and gets easier as i have used them. The ones supplied are like those on the spares page of Inspire 2 as they come as a pair in a bag not four in a bag. I have a second set on their way now that the first set worked.

To be on the safe side DJI are sending me a full set of fast release clips and screws (see spares on web site) I noticed the Chinese Forum are having similar issues as ours.

I think the sets made in bags of four are not made by same manufacturer as the bags of two

Don't worry guy, the new firmware will work a treat for them props!

My drone shipped like that too. It shipped in the propeller lock position without the propsm You need to press the buttons on either side and rotate it to unlock them. Then you should be able to put them in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using InspirePilots mobile app

Reactions: CJI
+1 for henrymerrilees....
In the funny book called the instruction manual....which I had to call into play for MY prop install...
The little arrows on the inside, MUST line up with the arrows on the outside. It was a Bit%ch to get them moved. The pic on the left looks alright, the one on the right needs to be moved CCW to line up the arrows.

Guys, take a closer look at the props in the first post and compare to your own, they are simply the wrong props.

Note that the mounting hole in the middle has a gap around it which is not present on the correct props, this means the hole is the wrong size...

It isn't the position of the locking mechanism...

Please contact support and they will send you out another set of props.. A very small number of units were sent out with an earlier design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkaur