Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 dead after update

Reaction score
I started up my spare machine Inspire1 X3. The GO APP said that it wasn’t the latest FW and somewhat lower it asked me if I wanted to update the FW in the Remote Controller which I naturally wanted… and did.
Then I downloaded the FW to a micro SD card and tried to update the I1 and the X3 but nothing happened. The X3 just hung down his head and kept quiet.

Is there a way to correct the FW or is the machine so ill it has to go to DJI fore care that will cost almost as much as a used I1 will cost on the second hand market?

Is the Inspire in landing mode or travel mode? If in travel mode, than no power is to the X3 so can't update. Was the Inspire on while you updated the RC? You should be able to roll the FW on the RC back to old then tray and make sure everything works.

I screwed up the landing gear from travel mode just to be able to mount the X3 with the micro SD card. Yes, the Inspire was on. And afterwords I realize it was wrong but the Go App asked me if I wanted to upgrade the RC. If its hazardoes to do that they (DJI) should warn me instead of encourage me to do it. Thats my opinion Do you know how to back to the old FW on the RC?

yea screwing the worm gear to lift the bird the computer inside still thinks it in travel mode, and the rear LED is blue correct? screw it back down to travel mode.

within the app in the upper right is 3 line touch and hold those like 5-10 sec. it will then switch to a screw that allows you to roll back to the previous FW. do this making sure the Inspire is off. once that is done restart the RC. you may need to relink the RC to Inspire also afterwards. turn the Inspire on and using the remote to lift it to landing mode, then turn it off along with the RC and install the X3 and proceed to update the Inspire with RC off

yea screwing the worm gear to lift the bird the computer inside still thinks it in travel mode, and the rear LED is blue correct? screw it back down to travel mode.

within the app in the upper right is 3 line touch and hold those like 5-10 sec. it will then switch to a screw that allows you to roll back to the previous FW. do this making sure the Inspire is off. once that is done restart the RC. you may need to relink the RC to Inspire also afterwards. turn the Inspire on and using the remote to lift it to landing mode, then turn it off along with the RC and install the X3 and proceed to update the Inspire with RC off
Don't ask me how but when I set up the Inspire to downgrade, I used the Travel mode "button" in the Go App and the I1 started up perfect and it seams that all the FW are correct! So apparently screwing down the landing gear is not to recommend! Thanks for the tip TruGreen! Can you please confirm these firmwares: Aircraft 1.10.01.40, Remote 1.7.80, Camera 1.10.01.40

Reactions: TruGreen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lily212