Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro - limited range at the end of the day

Reaction score
After a day of flying, no problems, no restriction area, no nfz or anything, at the end of the day, I had a weird thing going. For some reason I got limited at 40m distance from the homepoint.

Any idea what was going on?

Reactions: Patriot1776
After a day of flying, no problems, no restriction area, no nfz or anything, at the end of the day, I had a weird thing going. For some reason I got limited at 40m distance from the homepoint.

Any idea what was going on?
You’re using an apple tablet I’m guessing.

Go app isn’t working correctly with the newer firmware for the inspire. I’m not 100 percent sure if it’s just the app of if it’s the app not talking correctly with the new firmware. What firmware are you running? The way around it is to start the app last in the start up. Power remote, power bird and wait till the camera is done doing its dance then open the app. At battery change do the same. Close the app then open it after the camera is done. Some where able to get rid of it just by logging in and out of the app but that doesn’t work for all of us.

Not updated my inspire/x5r/go app in some time, works fine, not touching anymore updates by DJI on this platform as they are more likely to turn it into a fisher price drone. Even when they say improved gimbal, I suspect that's a bit like giving a kid a lollipop after you just stuck a needle in his mouth and pulled his teeth :)

Reactions: Michael Asgian
Not updated my inspire/x5r/go app in some time, works fine, not touching anymore updates by DJI on this platform as they are more likely to turn it into a fisher price drone. Even when they say improved gimbal, I suspect that's a bit like giving a kid a lollipop after you just stuck a needle in his mouth and pulled his teeth :)
Lol.yeah that’s about right.

Will try that sequence. I have also had my glught distance limited. It also drifts. For instance if I manually fly a Dronie, it swings off course several metres towards the end of the move.

It’s a bit frustrating with such a great bit of kit that after installing the latest firmware the go app needs to be closed and opened on each battery change to prevent the 30m limits from reappearing. It’s also easy to forget to do this so requiring to return and land the craft to close/open app. Has anyone found a way round this process?

I hadn't noticed the battery change issue. A real bummer, because video exposure also resets after a battery change. That is another thing to delay getting back up in the air. Fix it DJI!!

It’s a bit frustrating with such a great bit of kit that after installing the latest firmware the go app needs to be closed and opened on each battery change to prevent the 30m limits from reappearing. It’s also easy to forget to do this so requiring to return and land the craft to close/open app. Has anyone found a way round this process?
It becomes habit after awhile to close it and open it again. I don’t even think of doing it anymore. It just comes naturally now,but it was a bugger there for the first week. Lol

Go app isn’t working correctly with the newer firmware for the inspire. I’m not 100 percent sure if it’s just the app of if it’s the app not talking correctly with the new firmware. What firmware are you running? The way around it is to start the app last in the start up. Power remote, power bird and wait till the camera is done doing its dance then open the app. At battery change do the same. Close the app then open it after the camera is done. Some where able to get rid of it just by logging in and out of the app but that doesn’t work for all of us.

I run the latest Go app with the latest firmware on an iPad and I have no issues with restricted range.

I run the latest Go app with the latest firmware on an iPad and I have no issues with restricted range.
You’re one of the lucky ones. Lol. I wouldn’t say that to loud tho because there are a few guys on here that didn’t have problems then just one day out of the blue they started having problems. So the same may happen to you and it may not. It’s kinda like a game of Russian roulette.

This is a bit of a bizarre problem as my iPad is also running latest OS and the Inspire latest firmware but the 30/30m restriction issue manifests itself on every flight. I have the cellular version of the iPad 2 Is this fault connected with data enabled iPads. Just a thought.

This is a bit of a bizarre problem as my iPad is also running latest OS and the Inspire latest firmware but the 30/30m restriction issue manifests itself on every flight. I have the cellular version of the iPad 2 Is this fault connected with data enabled iPads. Just a thought.
No it doesn’t seem to matter if you are hooked to a cell connection or WiFi or not connected to anything. The issue is there either way whether connected or not.

No it doesn’t seem to matter if you are hooked to a cell connection or WiFi or not connected to anything. The issue is there either way whether connected or not.
Let’s keep our fingers crossed that the next FW update addresses this issue but does not introduce new problems.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed that the next FW update addresses this issue but does not introduce new problems.
I don’t believe it’s a firmware issue. I think it’s an app issue with iOS devices. Or in other words the dji go app for iOS has issues. I didn’t have problems until I updated to the 3.1.15 iOS go app. That and my android device works perfectly fine with the newer firmware. Bugs in the iOS app seem to be the root of the problem.I have made developers aware of the problem.

The thing I’m trying to figure out now if the problem just exists with the newest firmware and newest iOS app or is the issue still there with older firmware with the newest iOS app. Trying to see if the whole problem lies within the app or if it’s the app not communicating with the new firmware properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BetseyHene