Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro vs. Inspire 2 (X4s)

Inspire 1 Pro (X5) or Inspire 2 (X4s)

• Inspire 1 Pro (X5)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Inspire 2 (X4s)

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Lol.

You guys enjoy your I2s. They are great machines, even better than I1s. I'm glad there's folks like you all funding innovation. Not quite sure why the defensiveness, but perhaps it goes with the territory.

Buona Fortuna!

I was going to sell my inspire 1 for an i2 but was struggling to get £1000 for it, so I bought a second hand x5r for £1900.

That means it still owed me LESS than a new Inspire 2 with no camera, let alone raw.

I did not care about the 60 FPS, the 5.2k was not a deal breaker.

So I believe the best option is a second hand x5R, it will beat the X4S and give lens swap capabilities, and 9/10 come very close to what the £6000+ inspire 2 can do for half the money. And you can use the osmo on it. or only use raw when you need it. The raw workflow is fine.

The inspire 1 files great for me and had been reliable 100% for most people inc myself- I need to have belief in my bird and that only comes with time using it, yes it could be better, but its still a capable platform and its weaknesses can be made up with a good pilot and using an app like auto pilot to extend its capabilities.

I'm very happy with my choice, I'm not reading inspire 2 threads and dreaming.
I'm getting on using my drone knowing if I nail the shot, I will have something which looks good.

P.S.

I have a custom camera mount for my inspire 1 which carries an a7r, so my photos are superior to anything on the inspire 2. Just set the shutter speed to 1/800, set the time lapse for 5 seconds and I get a usable photo all the time. Blind. I could FPV out of it to frame shots perfect, but with 36MP, and a good idea of what my camera sees blind its not a problem.

With the rate of upgrades DJI are churning out, I felt queezy about spending so much money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pescatoral Pursuit
INSPIRE 2 ALL THE WAY MAN...WHY? I thought you'd never ask...

The Inspire 1 is an awesome airship, and it definitely laid the foundation for the new Inspire 2. In fact, the Inspire 1 challenged a lot of sUAV (Drone) manufactures given it's new design and abilities. When the Inspire 1 first released, I was floored on how extreme the technology was. I had already purchased a drone by Yuneec, and was pretty happy with my purchase. However, like any new technology, I knew there would be a second chapter to this airship. I am glad I waited.

After I sold my last airship, I immediately jumped on the Inspire 2 bandwagon. When I first heard of it upcoming of the Inspire 2's debut, I started researching the airship. After learning of all the sensors, and sonar, that was definitely a "No Brainer!" Let's not forget about the new design, bigger power plants (Motors), and the speed...Jesus Lord Almighty!!!

So you and I ran into the same issue with the camera. I figured, I would choose the X4S because it's a true 4K 60 Frame camera, and it also takes 20 MP stills. Oh yes, lets not forget the longer flight time, and less weight the airship has to carry. So far, its been one "Bad ***" camera. In the future, should I start making more money, I will probably go wth the X5S.

Do yourself a favor, go with the Inspire 2, or you will be in a world of regret....LOL

Reach out to me if you have any questions, I went through this battle... Email: [email protected] or Reply...

Last edited:
Reactions: deltalimatango
INSPIRE 2 ALL THE WAY MAN...WHY? I thought you'd never ask...

The Inspire 1 is an awesome airship, and it definitely laid the foundation for the new Inspire 2. In fact, the Inspire 1 challenged a lot of sUAV (Drone) manufactures given it's new design and abilities. When the Inspire 1 first released, I was floored on how extreme the technology was. I had already purchased a drone by Yuneec, and was pretty happy with my purchase. However, like any new technology, I knew there would be a second chapter to this airship. I am glad I waited.

After I sold my last airship, I immediately jumped on the Inspire 2 bandwagon. When I first heard of it upcoming of the Inspire 2's debut, I started researching the airship. After learning of all the sensors, and sonar, that was definitely a "No Brainer!" Let's not forget about the new design, bigger power plants (Motors), and the speed...Jesus Lord Almighty!!!

So you and I ran into the same issue with the camera. I figured, I would choose the X4S because it's a true 4K 60 Frame camera, and it also takes 20 MP stills. Oh yes, lets not forget the longer flight time, and less weight the airship has to carry. So far, its been one "Bad ***" camera. In the future, should I start making more money, I will probably go wth the X5S.

Do yourself a favor, go with the Inspire 2, or you will be in a world of regret....LOL

Reach out to me if you have any questions, I went through this battle... Email: [email protected] or Reply...

Been there and doing that . I picked up the I2 last week and have been loving it. It flies well in -4 and is solid. It's way different than flying a Mavic or Phantom. Not to knock the other two but this is a different world, at least to me it is. The X4s is quite good and I am very satisfied with the images. Can't wait until it's warmer out to give it a proper go. Now all I need is two more batteries, maybe four and a car charging kit and I'm set.

I agree, I need more batteries too. DJI is completely out of stock; however, I'll probably buy it from a local shop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techmunussolutions