Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2 Service.

Reaction score
So my inspire 1 v2 has been great, and I decided to reward it with a service and an X5R.
About this time I thought I would look into giving it a new set of props and up grading to the 1345LS prop locking system. (it already had the previous locking system as default)

1) Is the new 1345LS a good choice and worth doing?
2) Are there any new props I should be looking for, for improved reliability + performance.

Other than those two things, I am considering refreshing the batteries too and was wondering if there is anything else I should be doing in the realms of a service?

I have basically done nothing to it in 18 months but treat it well, but I have never touched a bolt on it, and just want to make sure I am not missing anything. I don't want to send it away unless I have to, is there anything I can do to keep it in good shape.

Do people ever replace the ESC's and MOTORS on these things as a precaution?

Thanks for any info.

Reactions: John Archer
I would check all the bolts for tightness every 10 flights. Should always check through the aircraft every so flights for checks or any sign of wear. Better to be safe than crying later.
At least that's what I do.

The only thing that wears on the motors is the bearings. Check them for excess play and any roughness. I haven't had to replace any in my Inspire but I know from the Phantom it's easier and almost as cheep to just replace the whole motor. $9.50 each bearing vs $28 for the whole motor and you don't have to stuff around

Reactions: Richard M
If you change the prop mounts to the 1345LS mounts, you still use the 1345T props. I changed mine and feel it is definitely worth it and very simple to do. Like others said, if bearings are still good the motors are fine. I have over 450 flights on mine and no problems at all.

I would check all the bolts for tightness every 10 flights. Should always check through the aircraft every so flights for checks or any sign of wear. Better to be safe than crying later.
At least that's what I do.

Anyone know what tool I need to access the prop bolts off the top of their head?
Before i go fumbling around maplins.

If you change the prop mounts to the 1345LS mounts, you still use the 1345T props. I changed mine and feel it is definitely worth it and very simple to do. Like others said, if bearings are still good the motors are fine. I have over 450 flights on mine and no problems at all.

Thanks, I just ordered the new mounts and a fresh set of props.

The screws are 2mm hex. I bought a set of these on ebay which fit most screws on the Inspire.
zzzz2m.jpg
Plus, you need a tube of Locktite blue to lock the screws.
zzzz2n.jpg

Reactions: x5yo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee