Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 - Battery mod - HELP

I just need to power the electronic I am not looking at flying the Inspire just using the camera.

That’s just asking for trouble with a VERY EXPENSIVE item.
Ha ha, true! On the other hand, the world belongs to brave frontiers who conquer unknown ... Trust me, Phillip, I wouldn't advise such surgery without doing this successfully first. Apparently OP is trying to utilize damaged Inspire's carcass and turn it into homemade Osmo X5S, thing that DJI failed to deliver ...

Ha ha, true! On the other hand, the world belongs to brave frontiers who conquer unknown ... Trust me, Phillip, I wouldn't advise such surgery without doing this successfully first.

Very expensive tether kits also modify the I2's, (m200/m600 series too) power feed. I suspect if you know what you are doing it isn't a problem. Like many things, right? :)

Sweet. Good to finally see it!
Thank you, Dave ... BTW, I hate when somebody's entering the house looking for help (or bathroom?) and never bother to come back (or flush the toilet) ... You're very welcome, Flostunts :)!

Last edited:
I just need to power the electronic I am not looking at flying the Inspire just using the camera.
It would be a lot of work if you only want to power the camera. If you are not taking the drone apart you will need to have the electronic board of the Inspire 2 battery.

IMG_9676.JPGIMG_9978.jpg

Thank you, Dave ... BTW, I hate when somebody's entering the house looking for help (or bathroom?) and never bother to come back (or flush the toilet) ... You're very welcome, Flostunts :)!
Guys got really busy with work lately. Didn’t pick up on the email. Thank you for sharing your project. I am on the same road as you guys. Thank you for showing it is possible. I Have successfully power the brain with LiPo 6s too

Thank you.
my next mission is to extend the camera cable from the brain to the gimbal. Any good tip.
I don't know what's your concept, but this is what I've done without modifying any wirings. These 3 cables is all you need, plus antenna pads of course. Remember to monitor battery capacity somehow, popular hobby tester works fine, miniature LED voltmeter as well ...
Inspire 2 FC_powering.jpgAssembly 06.jpgAssembly 07.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu