Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 for industrial/inspection

Ok, I mis-read your post, you said it you choose NOT to go with I2..............

Correct, going with the I1 with Z3 for inspections would be another route. It really depends what type of inspection work you are doing. I see in your above post that you may be looking for thermal as well. Then you're going to want to look at the XT. Feel free to reach out to us by email and we'll be happy to further assist and answer any additional questions you may have.

Correct, going with the I1 with Z3 for inspections would be another route. It really depends what type of inspection work you are doing. I see in your above post that you may be looking for thermal as well. Then you're going to want to look at the XT. Feel free to reach out to us by email and we'll be happy to further assist and answer any additional questions you may have.
Yes, but again, not compatible with I2, why would they limit the cameras so much on that platform????

Yes, but again, not compatible with I2, why would they limit the cameras so much on that platform????

DJI's primary focus with the Inspire 2 was a professional drone geared towards filmmakers. They are keeping the Inspire 1 around for the time being to be the go-to lower cost drone for industrial applications given that is it compatible with the XT lineup, but as we've seen, they have a strong focus on the Matrice 200 for industrial and enterprise users. We like to look at the Inspire series aircrafts as complete workhorses for whatever the application, but DJI understands that there are industrial applications that need robustness, hence their recent focus on the M200 series. They're not necessarily limiting a platform but focusing different lines to deliver everything that a certain application demands.

I would also like to add thermal imaging to my I2, but again, no options available. Anyone know of any options at all?
Yeah, for about $10,000 you can ship it off to the Netherlands and they'll rig your I2 so the thermal camera gets powered with your I2 batteries. The thermal camera sits to the back of the X5S or whatever camera you got or you you can fly without the camera. I2 and thermal you now have 2 monitors to watch/use. A lot of stuff going on all at once. You can avoid sending it to the Netherlands and they'll send you a mounting kit you install yourself plus you would have an additional power bank for the thermal setup.

I got a FLIR Pro Res camera for $4,600 + about $3,000 for the mount and power modification. They after going through all the international posting bs I got a bill from FedEx for the purchase and that was an additional $700.

I'm trying to use it for roof inspections and even those apps are worthless to an I2.

Unless you're making movies the I2 is a money pit.

Yeah, for about $10,000 you can ship it off to the Netherlands and they'll rig your I2 so the thermal camera gets powered with your I2 batteries. The thermal camera sits to the back of the X5S or whatever camera you got or you you can fly without the camera. I2 and thermal you now have 2 monitors to watch/use. A lot of stuff going on all at once. You can avoid sending it to the Netherlands and they'll send you a mounting kit you install yourself plus you would have an additional power bank for the thermal setup.

I got a FLIR Pro Res camera for $4,600 + about $3,000 for the mount and power modification. They after going through all the international posting bs I got a bill from FedEx for the purchase and that was an additional $700.

I'm trying to use it for roof inspections and even those apps are worthless to an I2.

Unless you're making movies the I2 is a money pit.
Nobody has posted on this thread for three years.......

And RJB Pilot has not logged on since November 2017 so it will probably fall on deaf ears......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drbhutaniclinic