Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 indoor ground station

Reaction score
image001.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0786.jpg My i2 came Wednesday and this thing is a blast. Did a few test flights after setup. I then bounded the i2 to my p4p remote and connected the controller to an 11dbi Omni directional antenna for rx with 1 watt amp mounted at base of antenna in the tree and a 9 dbi omni on the house for tx with no amps. I zipped out over the countryside 55 to 60mph and hit 18,00ft in no time.Never a drop in signal. I use a tablet then hdmi out to a 50inch monitor at my desk. I do not see range being an issue being as I have 120 total feet of extension cable to my antennas. Of course set to 2.4ghz. I use channel 21 and lower the bit rate down. Will be testing range when batteries are broke in.

View attachment 11656 View attachment 11655 My i2 came Wednesday and this thing is a blast. Did a few test flights after setup. I then bounded the i2 to my p4p remote and connected the controller to an 11dbi Omni directional antenna for rx with 1 watt amp mounted at base of antenna in the tree and a 9 dbi omni on the house for tx with no amps. I zipped out over the countryside 55 to 60mph and hit 18,00ft in no time.Never a drop in signal. I use a tablet then hdmi out to a 50inch monitor at my desk. I do not see range being an issue being as I have 120 total feet of extension cable to my antennas. Of course set to 2.4ghz. I use channel 21 and lower the bit rate down. Will be testing range when batteries are broke in.

You are able to bind a p4p remote to the I2 aircraft?

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Reactions: J Nelson
just wondering, as the rules in the US are similar to the UK, re line of sight, and responsible usage of UAV systems and Im afraid while this is good from a point of technical ability, it is irresponsible in relation to usage. This does give a bad message and people then wonder why the authorities put condition and extra laws in relation to use. Sorry this just adds to the evidence to enforce regulation.

This is one of those situations where many "fun loving folks" see no real harm in this but, there is huge harm. It is stuff like this that begets regulation, laws and public scorn for UAV operators. Sure, those who want to do this see no problem. To them, as long as things don't fail or they don't get caught, no harm no foul. But, as any seasoned UAV pilot will tell you, the unexpected will eventually happen...

just wondering, as the rules in the US are similar to the UK, re line of sight, and responsible usage of UAV systems and Im afraid while this is good from a point of technical ability, it is irresponsible in relation to usage. This does give a bad message and people then wonder why the authorities put condition and extra laws in relation to use. Sorry this just adds to the evidence to enforce regulation.

Then don't do ir
just wondering, as the rules in the US are similar to the UK, re line of sight, and responsible usage of UAV systems and Im afraid while this is good from a point of technical ability, it is irresponsible in relation to usage. This does give a bad message and people then wonder why the authorities put condition and extra laws in relation to use. Sorry this just adds to the evidence to enforce regulation.[/QUOTE

Then how's about u move on and keep your insecurities to yourself.

If the unexpected happens standing outside in the glaring sun isn't going to help
This is one of those situations where many "fun loving folks" see no real harm in this but, there is huge harm. It is stuff like this that begets regulation, laws and public scorn for UAV operators. Sure, those who want to do this see no problem. To them, as long as things don't fail or they don't get caught, no harm no foul. But, as any seasoned UAV pilot will tell you, the unexpected will eventually happen...

Tell me if something does happen can you explain how being inside changes anything? For one I am comfortable inside. I have millions of feet logged in this way with no problems. A large display gives an incredible view. I don't have to aim my remote And can go anywhere. No signal drop outs sun glare or bad weather. I could actually argure in fact that you are irresponsible sir. More regulation is coming not from this you cry baby but to make way for select corporate use of drones. Go ahead and blame fellow hobbiest tho.

Insecurities have nothing to do with it - I paid over £1k to get trained so i could fly commercially in the UK and for regulation purposes and insurance purposes we have to fly to a certain standard and what you have shown to have done in the UK (and I expect the US) is below standard. I an wholly secure in how I fly as Im fully insured to £5m and with full line of sight I know where my aircraft is at all times, and more importantly can see the airspace around the craft to ensure there in no other aircraft in the area so can take avoiding action. I cant see how you could ever say the same inside a building.

.... and yes military drone pilots do fly inside a building, but with a multimillion $ operation and full sensors which we in the civvy world would never see.

Im made my original point in a respectful manor with no insecurity or malice. My points rests you are irresponsible and people like you are why the professional pilots are up in arms about this sort of crass stupidity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game