Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 will be released on November 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
must say this takes it completely beyond 'amateur' level in a way that the inspire 1 was not. They've got a good straddle of products now - phantom pro is a very compelling camera option, mavic we all know about. It makes sense to take the Inspire further beyond into pro level. (and out of my reach as a non-professional!)

Do you HAVE to buy the inspire 2 to use the new camera system?
What's this stuff about having to buy licenses or something ro enable DNG ec?

Do you HAVE to buy the inspire 2 to use the new camera system?
Looks like it since a lot of the system is now part of the aircraft, not the camera. Benefit is I guess we might get better recording options out of older cams too.

Licenses to unlock certain codecs are common since that costs license fees and not everybody needs everything. And given the price of the cam, not an issue lol.
EDIT: Wow, 1.3K for that, scratch what I said, that's very steep. Usually is a $100 deal in other similar situations...

Last edited:
must say this takes it completely beyond 'amateur' level in a way that the inspire 1 was not. They've got a good straddle of products now - phantom pro is a very compelling camera option, mavic we all know about. It makes sense to take the Inspire further beyond into pro level. (and out of my reach as a non-professional!)

My next >3.5k purchase will be on something has more than 4 props..

Alright, some info I haven't found: Is the X5S compatible with the Osmo? Since it's CineThing processor is onboard the Inspire, I assume it's not?

If the new X4s and X5S are not compatible with the Inspire 1 that would be very disappointing. I don't see why you would buy into the Inspire system anymore, just buy the P4 Pro and upgrade every year, The only reason to buy an Inspire is for the X5S and are the real world results that much better?

Last edited:
Reactions: slim.slamma
i asked DJI chat. The new cameras are NOT compatible with the Inspire 1 and the old cameras CANNOT be attahched to the inspire 2 either. If you want the new cameras, you need to buy a new craft. If you want a new craft, you have to buy one of the new cameras...o_O

Eeek, this has really forced me to rethink where I go now.
I don't even feel good about buying a second hand X5R now for my Inspire 1 as they still seem expensive and just been made to look outdated.

However.

On their site X5R is currently £3120
Yet the X5S which does 4k @ 60 and 5.2k + 20 MP = £1,969.00

(that should tell you how ridiculously over priced it is)

I can probably live without the inspire 2 as a craft & the new camera, as the reality is MOST video is still going to be seen at 4k @ 24-30 FPS.
However as someone who was planning on doing this professionally in 2017 (already passed everything and awaiting permissions) it seems to me you will lose jobs to competiotrs if you do not have the latest stuff.

I don't mind competition which boils down to ability, but if my rival can do 60 FPS @ 4k and I can't.
Or better photos, or higher res video, that's something I can't fix and makes me look bad.

DJI very good at making my brain, heart and wallet hurt.

Even if I just said screw it, I'll get an X5R and be happy with that, the costs are going to need to come down.

Long version short.

Can't afford a full end inspire 2 setups and camera.
Don't feel comfy spending so much on an outdated X5R system based on current prices.

OUTCOME = FRUSTRATED!

God I miss the days when I was happy with my phantom 2, hero 4 black edition and h3-3D

P.S.

Phantom 4 looks great, its going to shoot better video and photo than an inspire 1 + X5.
Might be the smart option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Highrpm955
On their site X5R is currently £3120
Yet the X5S which does 4k @ 60 and 5.2k + 20 MP = £1,969.00
The X5S at that price is however more like the X5. To do RAW you need the additional license ($1300, dunno how much they charge in £).

If you remember, the Inspire 1 was about $5kusd for all you should need, when it was released.
I added a few standard extras and the X4s(does 4k@60fps), which is a huge jump from the I1 with an X3.
And a price of $4,601.00USD isn't really that far off.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member