Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Interesting new drone from DJI -- "Mavic"

I wonder whether they will be able to keep that name -- it's a major brand name in cycling.

That was the first thing I thought of when I heard the name. Looking forward to more details about it in the coming months.

I hear a lawsuit brewing. Mavic is already a registered trademark. They're a French cycling company and have been around for 130 years or something.

Just because someone has a trademark doesn't mean that you can't register the same name in another, so called "nice class".

Chris

Reactions: Joola
There is Apple Computers and Apple Records. If its Mavic Drones then its not Mavic Bikes.

Interesting point, especially since Apple Records sued Apple Computer, and finally settled after many years, and it has only been in the past couple years that the Beatles catalog has been available on iTunes. Thank-you for making my point.

A trademark must be registered against very specific goods and/or services. Ours is against production of images. If Mavic bikes didn't register it for the category that applies to UAS then DJI are perfectly entitled to do so and Mavic bikes would have no grounds upon which to bring any action.

Trademark - It all depends how the trademark was registered. Was it locally to country or international; etc... Check the trademark first. Also, do not make legal advise unless you are a patent / trademark attorney. Just protect yourself. Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game