Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

LiPo bag for TB50 batteries?

Reaction score
Anyone out there that's found a bag that'll comfortably hold (and especially, contain while charging) a few TB 50 batteries? Seems like every bag out there is so small...

Of course, I'm only assuming it's wise to charge these batteries in a bag like that. Is that a good idea? Or is the "smart battery" smart enough that it doesn't really need it?

Thanks, everyone!

I have a lot of these Team BlackSheep Online Store - TBS LiPo Bag

Right now I have two TB50s in each bag. Can't really comment on how good the bag is in a fire because there's no info available. That being said the batteries fit (2 at a time). If you think about it it's probably not a good idea to have more than one battery in each bag. If one catches fire all other batteries will most likely catch fire as well. So what to do? Well you can buy one bag for each battery. I'm sure that will make it a safer environment to store the batteries. However, then you have bags all over the place. I'm thinking about what to do right now as well. I have an Inspire 2 with 8 batteries (more on order) and a Phantom 3 Pro with 5 batteries. I have each of the P3P batteries in their own lipo bag and then in their own 50 caliber ammo case (vented). My TB50s are stored next to the ammo cases for now. I have them stored in a separate area of my home (there's no perfect location). I have a smoke detector and a carbon monoxide detector next to the cases. I have a fire extinguisher there as well. Note: You need a special type fire extinguisher to put out a lipo fire. I'll be adding one of them soon. I also have several large pails of sand next to the ammo cases. Sand works well with lipo fires (apparently). Overall, Im trying to reduce the possibility of a problem. I never charge batteries when I'm not there. I have a lot of chargers so I don't have to sit around all day (although you can never have enough chargers, lol) In terms of charging the batteries inside the lipo bags I used to do that all the time. No so much anymore. DJI really hasn't given good comprehensive info on the TB50 batteries so I'm treating them more conservatively similar to the P3P batteries. Still seems to be a lot of differing opinions on how much to use each battery. Some fly down to 10 percent. I would never do that. Typically I fly down to 40%ish.

I can understand charging batteries in a bag to minimize a fire but on the other hand, I would have thought that was insanely dangerous because the bag is just going to increase the heat load during charging. You would think DJI would have included something like that if it was necessary or recommended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74