Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Live feed keeps cutting out

I have noticed using a second RC for controlling the camera can cause this effect and virtually prevent downloading images to a connected iPad. Also wearing a harness and bending forward so the aerials do not 'aim' correctly has a similar effect. I have got used to the screen going black momentarily, the difference here in your video is the refresh time from the black screen back to image it's quite slow. There may be another issue.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

My Ipad pro went black at 500 meters out as I was banking to the right at 52 feet up and going 22mph. Looking off in the distance for it was about impossible from where I was as I hit the RTH button. Then I got a loss connection to aircraft and then a motor obstruction message. I was wigged out as I waited a bit hoping to see it returning but then I started hiking to track it. I did end up finding it at the base of a bush on a high hill. I had my distance fence set to 500m and I was at the end of that when I found it. I watched the video the camera recorded and you can see some dark horizontal lines going across the video as it was banking right. When those lines appear on the video is when everything went black on my Ipad. The vid showed it heading towards a hill and flying into the top of the bush where I found it. Props were broke and right landing leg was turned. Everything else seemed fine as far as I can tell, I think the bush saved it somewhat from being real bad. If I did not lose video feed I could have easy went up over the hill it was heading for. So now its in the shop being checked out...sucks! My avatar shows a picture of WHIZ before it went down that day. :-( everything was updated to the latest DJI software.

Last edited:
You may have found that the RC signal became weak in this case due to distance and closeness to the ground. On my other copter, not a I1v2 the signal strength can reduce when the craft turns due to aerial orientation this may have been a factor in this case. The inspire is not as robust as it appears to be, the bush was a huge influence in saving your craft.

You may have found that the RC signal became weak in this case due to distance and closeness to the ground. On my other copter, not a I1v2 the signal strength can reduce when the craft turns due to aerial orientation this may have been a factor in this case. The inspire is not as robust as it appears to be, the bush was a huge influence in saving your craft.

Yeah, you could be right on those points. I think this was a time when optical avoidance feature would have bought/saved me long enough for RTH to work. Wish DJI made that feature for an add-on to the I1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examdumps1