Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Logbook Recommendation?

Hey guys. Sick of keeping a hand written logbook. Wondering if anyone has a good recommendation on something digital even if it's only an excel template. As the Goapp does a good job of tracking flight time, location, etc I'm looking to log new gear, battery age, prop replacement, etc.

Let me know.

Fly safe!

rb
check out Ruprecht law. He recommends still keeping a paper log alongside your electronic one.

Reactions: RMartin
I use Kittyhawk, a lot more than a logbook and imports DJI info...

We are currently using Drone Logbook but I am also converting to a manual logbook as well. I can track my own personal flights and time that way and if I leave the institution, I can carry that with me without having to mess with exporting it from the database. Also, if the FAA does a spot-check and needs to see my stuff, I have it in hand instead of turning over my tablet.

Has anyone been able to locate a sUAS physical logbook? I was at the Pilot Shoppe the other day and saw a plethora of log books, but not one for the sUAS. I understand that the demographic for such a book is small in comparison to larger aircraft, but was curious.

I do enjoy having a paper logbook in conjunction with a digital one. I guess its mostly from my student pilot days.

On any of the digital (DroneLogBook, etc.) logbook options, is there a way to upload your log book history to the program? That would be paramount to correct logging of hours, etc... Thanks!

Has anyone been able to locate a sUAS physical logbook? I was at the Pilot Shoppe the other day and saw a plethora of log books, but not one for the sUAS. I understand that the demographic for such a book is small in comparison to larger aircraft, but was curious.

I do enjoy having a paper logbook in conjunction with a digital one. I guess its mostly from my student pilot days.

Search for "UAS Pilot Log Expanded Edition: Unmanned Aircraft Systems Logbook for Drone Pilots & Operators " at Amazon.

This is the manual logbook I use
Thanks man. I think the basic info is there. Looks good!

PS: Going to get my Inspire 1 tomorrow afternoon. After which I will spend another $600-800 for extra batteries, and a second controller, lol. I had a deal that came with 2 controllers but it fell through. Now I am getting an Inspire 1 (v1) with two batteries and extra props for $900 even. Not bad I think. Never been crashed or landed hard that I am aware of.

Thanks man. I think the basic info is there. Looks good!

PS: Going to get my Inspire 1 tomorrow afternoon. After which I will spend another $600-800 for extra batteries, and a second controller, lol. I had a deal that came with 2 controllers but it fell through. Now I am getting an Inspire 1 (v1) with two batteries and extra props for $900 even. Not bad I think. Never been crashed or landed hard that I am aware of.
Sounds like a good deal. We paid somewhere along the lines of $3100US for our I1v2.

We are currently using Drone Logbook but I am also converting to a manual logbook as well. I can track my own personal flights and time that way and if I leave the institution, I can carry that with me without having to mess with exporting it from the database. Also, if the FAA does a spot-check and needs to see my stuff, I have it in hand instead of turning over my tablet.

With DLB, is it possible to create a report which encompasses all the standard FAA handwritten logbook information in either an Excel or .pdf style report? Then be able to save this report on local storage? I am currently looking at Airdata and Dronelogbook for automated logging of flights and maintenance records and the ability to use some sort of report creation feature to keep both stored and to make hardcopy printouts that I can insert into a binder.

thanks - Michael

With DLB, is it possible to create a report which encompasses all the standard FAA handwritten logbook information in either an Excel or .pdf style report? Then be able to save this report on local storage? I am currently looking at Airdata and Dronelogbook for automated logging of flights and maintenance records and the ability to use some sort of report creation feature to keep both stored and to make hardcopy printouts that I can insert into a binder.

thanks - Michael

Yes. You can generate an FAA report without any additional customization on your part required. That is a stock feature. You can also create custom reports, maintenance reports and a short form report as well. I hate paperwork but DLB has made life a little easier.

The FAA report is broken down into the following sections:
Personnel
UAVs
Operators - total flights, time flown, total hours flown
Flights by Location - lat/long, # of flights, time flown by aircraft
Flights - individual flights with all the granular data
Incidents

It is an overkill application for my current use, but I might become involved with flying and managing a multi aircraft operation this summer with a few M600's. The battery service and management issues alone are a potential headache, so the performance and health tracking of this crucial asset is fundamental to operations and project management.

Thanks for your prompt reply, I have looked at and continue to view videos on each of their applications, just finished getting up to speed with Airdata and had previously seen a couple on DLB. Now I need to review more tutorials on how to use DLB.

Right now looking into online registration of my I2.

resurrecting an old thread.

I use dronelogbook. The only issue I'm having is the program only recognises 1 battery, not 2, thus screwing with my battery logs. Anyone know of a way around this?

Cheers.

That is a DJI telemetry issue however if you dig around enough in the Go 4 app battery details section there is a way to bind multiple batteries into a pack. I have not yet done this in my Go 4 battery configuration. I use Airdata and they also have the same issue that you describe but their app allows for the pilot to manually input after each flight the additional battery which is in my Inspire 2 configuration. In this manner Airdata is able to collect and track all charge/discharge cycles and specific cell information in each battery as well as temp at each stage of the flight and a lot of other metrics. So my batteries are in packs of 2 and when I use Airdata input I can make sure that they track together. All flight/maintenance apps have this multi battery pack association issue. Your best bet is to contact your vendor directly to see how they handle this common problem. Please keep us posted as I almost bought into dronelogbook app. and hope they have a good fix for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu