Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Low ambient light

Reaction score
Hello Forum
I just received my new I2 the other day. Since day one I have been getting a "low ambient light" message on my tablet when flying at night. I am using the X5S camera on full Auto. I am flying in the same location and times as before when I had my I1 with the X5camera(also on full auto). I never received this message on my tablet when flying my I1. Can anyone advise on this issue? Thx

Hello Forum
I just received my new I2 the other day. Since day one I have been getting a "low ambient light" message on my tablet when flying at night. I am using the X5S camera on full Auto. I am flying in the same location and times as before when I had my I1 with the X5camera(also on full auto). I never received this message on my tablet when flying my I1. Can anyone advise on this issue? Thx

Still photos or video? Have you tried it in manual and set the camera settings yourself?

Hello Forum
This should be a warning for the obstacle avoidance system, not the camera. The obstacle avoidance sensors use a combination of vision and ultrasonic sensors for detecting obstacles in your flight path, and requires good lighting conditions to work. The app is warning you that the ambient light is insufficient for the obstacle avoidance to work reliably.

Just fly more cautiously and don't rely on obstacle avoidance. You should be good.

Reactions: rent and SanCap
Great , I thought it was an issue with the X5S camera. Thank you for your input.

Hello Forum
Follow up to my previous question. If I fly my I2 with all the obstacle avoidance sensors off, should I still be getting a Low Ambient Light message on my tablet when I fly at night. I have the latest firmware and I am not getting any other messages on the tablet. My X5S camera is on full auto. Once again thank you for your expertise.

Nelson13, you might want to post this question out in the I2 Discussion group as well. The X5S group is more narrow focused and you will get more traffic in regards to your question where more people can see it.

Hello Forum
Follow up to my previous question. If I fly my I2 with all the obstacle avoidance sensors off, should I still be getting a Low Ambient Light message on my tablet when I fly at night. I have the latest firmware and I am not getting any other messages on the tablet. My X5S camera is on full auto. Once again thank you for your expertise.

If you are still getting the "Low Ambient Light" message check to see if you have "RTH Obstacle Check" turned off.

I have not done that , for now I simply concentrating on my fling. I just thought(may be wrong) that the message could not be generated if all the sensors were off. Thank you for your time.

I have not done that , for now I simply concentrating on my fling. I just thought(may be wrong) that the message could not be generated if all the sensors were off. Thank you for your time.

I am just throwing thing out there for you to try, sooner or later you will find what is causing the warnings

I'm not sure you'll get rid of the message by turning off the vision systems... it's simply telling you that the ambient light levels are too dark for the OA sensors to work (regardless of if they're turned on or not.). As far as I can recall from the limited low light flying I've done with the I2 so far, if you dismiss the message, it goes away and stays away unless it thinks the light levels have recovered and then dropped again...

Last edited:
Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet