Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lowepro Droneguard Inspired released

I think good option if you must hike to somewhere with your I2. But must be very careful with the exposed arms.

If my trip involves plane travel, I'd very much prefer the GPC backpack + travel case combo. I doubt they'd let you use this backpack as a carry-on (with the I2 in it).

Alex

Reactions: SanCap
DSC_2821.jpg One critical issue for me was the limitation to carry I2 far from the car trunk for nature photography. The best spots are at a hiking distance.

After several tries, I found the best solution is to adapt a real mountain backpack (I used a North Face 90 lts.), with a comfortable harness system. The modification takes the very light, original I2 case.

In a typical real big backpack, there are plenty of straps. Just use the two straps at the bottom, and two of the side straps. You need to extend the length of those straps with nylon webbing of the same width of the backpack straps. I used side release buckles to connect the backpack straps with the webbing extensions. No stitching required.

It is a very cheap solution (if you have a big backpack with proper straps) and it is extremely comfortable to carry in a long hike. It also is very easy to use, just disconnect the extension straps and open the I2 original case. All the gear is properly protected. The I2 case will get character with lots of marks.

Reactions: Haryy.T and rent
I adapted an EVOC camera backpack and the "hammock" part from a cheap ebay bag. Lets me carry tons of stuff, but still comfortable. Ice ax, ski loops etc were perfect for the 4 legs and lets me carry without going into travel mode.

IMG_3154.JPGIMG_3157.JPGIMG_3158.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3159.JPG
    IMG_3159.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: rent
Thanks - I mapped a 2.8km World Cup Downhill course in Scotland, that dropped 555m over it's length, so I had to do it in 6 flights. This was perfect for it, as there was a lot of hiking, rig up / rig down. Did the whole thing in 4 hours. The lens is protected in it's box and the drones are designed for the outdoor environment so I think it's a great compromise.

3D MODELLING - UAV Aerial Media, Survey, Inspection, Mapping & Modelling

Yeah. Obviously it's for hiking. Obviously it's not meant to go on a plane. Thanks for assuming I'm a dumbass. Even hiking is feel uncomfortable having my $4k u.s. Drone exposed like hat. I'd imagine your keeping the camera on as well. Not worth my risk I'll tell u that.

Yeah. Obviously it's for hiking. Obviously it's not meant to go on a plane. Thanks for assuming I'm a dumbass. Even hiking is feel uncomfortable having my $4k u.s. Drone exposed like hat. I'd imagine your keeping the camera on as well. Not worth my risk I'll tell u that.

Who is holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy it? Don't like it? Then don't buy it. How hard is that to figure out?

I got it and love it. Beats carrying the big box every time I'm going some where to shoot locally.

Love the boots that cover the motors!

Attachments

• IMG_0800.jpg
    IMG_0800.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 62
Don't be a ****! Aren't we all on the same team?
How is that being a ****? I was agreeing that it's exposed but pointing out that I don't travel with it, I only hike with it so it's not getting knocked around. I was also putting it into perspective that it's probably less exposed and on my back than it is when flying as from all I see on the net that's when they get damaged either through pilot error or system malfunction. As per the photos, and my text, the lens is in it's box.

Mine arrived yesterday. Won it through a photo contest where the prize was any LowePro bag. Wouldn't be my go to means for transportation but can see where I use it when I the AO is a bit of a walk from the road.

View attachment 14192 One critical issue for me was the limitation to carry I2 far from the car trunk for nature photography. The best spots are at a hiking distance.

After several tries, I found the best solution is to adapt a real mountain backpack (I used a North Face 90 lts.), with a comfortable harness system. The modification takes the very light, original I2 case.

In a typical real big backpack, there are plenty of straps. Just use the two straps at the bottom, and two of the side straps. You need to extend the length of those straps with nylon webbing of the same width of the backpack straps. I used side release buckles to connect the backpack straps with the webbing extensions. No stitching required.

It is a very cheap solution (if you have a big backpack with proper straps) and it is extremely comfortable to carry in a long hike. It also is very easy to use, just disconnect the extension straps and open the I2 original case. All the gear is properly protected. The I2 case will get character with lots of marks.

Simple&perfect! Ithink it is the easiest way to take out and store.

Reactions: jyamamo
Lowepro Respect !

Attachments

• e-tLv0XjevI.jpg
    e-tLv0XjevI.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 48
  • rf0y4hWYsKA.jpg
    rf0y4hWYsKA.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 19821082_1505442956182573_1449048214_o.jpg
    19821082_1505442956182573_1449048214_o.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 44