Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Main Controller Data Error

Reaction score
Well... updated to the newest firmware and today I am getting MAin Controller Data error. Reflashing the firmware for the 3rd time to see if that fixes it. Main Gimbal also makes the craziest noise now when initializing.

Any advice? I am afraid this is going to have to be returned to DJI... Great. Another shipping nightmare.

Just wait for the firmware fix... no need to send it back, but don't keep flying it so it doesn't break.

The Firmware just came out. I doubt they will release something so soon. This is my primary income. I have an I1 X5R, but I mean...

Well, they released broken firmware and after the debacle on this forum yesterday, and the loads of youtube videos today, I'm sure they are working on it.

I've heard from more than one beta tester that their beta versions didn't have these issues, so I actually have hope that it's an easy fix and we will see a fix soon.

So after a reflash, I can get about 3 power cycles before the data logger error comes back. Man this is annoying. Is there any way to go back a version?

I just read that actually... Good lord what an epic failure of an update for me.

Try uninstalling the Go App, use the computer to reset the AC... then restart the tablet, reinstall the Go App, then do a normal startup and wait on the home screen once all connected for a few, make sure no updates or warnings.

See if that makes any difference. Mine seems to fly okay, just extra noise from the upper gimbal motor during YAW.

It isnt the go app. I get a solid red LED on the back of the I2, even with the app and controller off.

I will in one second. I am in the middle of updating on the new assistant version. I was still on the previous version.

I hope so. However, the previous version of assistant downloaded and installed the firmware just fine with no errors. You would think if it was important to have the new version of assistant DJI would have a message about it.

Instant Error, even with the method you outlined. Looks like my I2 is officially grounded. Another amazing job by DJI.

A couple of things that won't do any harm for you to try...

• If you can, reformat the microSD card using the Inspire. Some Log files from the update are stored on it. Could be something like it's got a corrupted file, or is out of space, or something equally stupid!
  • Try a firmware update using the DJI GO app instead of the Assistant.with your I2 powered up and the tablet connected thru the RC, open Go4 and hold down your finger for 5-6 seconds on the triple- icon in the top right. That should bring up the firmware screen and display your current version and an update/refresh button. When you kick off the update, it'll prompt you to connect the tablet directly to the I2 and to toggle the button on the I2 to tablet mode (up I think).
  • Try doing the update/refresh without a camera attached. Then power cycle and attach the camera.
I don't hold out much hope for it, but you've nothing but time to lose right now :(

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Updating through ipad now. If this does not work, I will update with iPad and no camera and see what happens.

Ipad refresh with camera connected failed. Refreshing with ipad and no camera connected.

You have got a microSD card in the I2? If not put one in.
If you've an SSD, then remove it for now.

Reason for trying without camera and SSD is to see if the I2 is getting screwed up by something gone wrong in the camera or ssd side of things. Just trying to make it as simple as possible for it to complete an install, and get a good reboot.

Reason for microSD is that it logs the update status to a hidden file/directory on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjamin123