Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motor Noise

Reaction score
just had a problem with the Inspire one tonight noticed one motor making a noise when it spins, im including a link to the video to see what you all think the problem is, Im thinking a motor problem...let me know what you all think...
Thanks

just had a problem with the Inspire one tonight noticed one motor making a noise when it spins, im including a link to the video to see what you all think the problem is, Im thinking a motor problem...let me know what you all think...
Thanks
Bearings.
Easy fix - might as well replace all eight while you are at it.

Bearings.
Easy fix - might as well replace all eight while you are at it.
well was just trying to figure out this problem tonight again I took the prop off and if I put a small piece of paper foldedIMG_1008.JPG maybe twice and lay it on the base under the prop motor noise is gone...here is a picture of where i put the paper, anyone explain why the noise dissapears when I put this paper there? if I spin the motors without the props there is no noise its only when I put the red prop on do I hear the noise but if I put this piece of paper under the prop on one side noise seems to be gone.....why?

well was just trying to figure out this problem tonight again I took the prop off and if I put a small piece of paper foldedView attachment 15724 maybe twice and lay it on the base under the prop motor noise is gone...here is a picture of where i put the paper, anyone explain why the noise dissapears when I put this paper there? if I spin the motors without the props there is no noise its only when I put the red prop on do I hear the noise but if I put this piece of paper under the prop on one side noise seems to be gone.....why?
Assume you have checked motor mounts and prop mounts for integrity and changed props out at recommended 200 hours?
Tried new props and/or mounts?

Assume you have checked motor mounts and prop mounts for integrity and changed props out at recommended 200 hours?
Tried new props and/or mounts?
tried new props , theres no noise at all when spun without props and no noise at all when i shim it with a folded piece of paper slid under the prop

Make sure your props have the little foam inserts in the center shaft before installing them. That's the only thing I can thing of if your bearings are not bad.

tried new props , theres no noise at all when spun without props and no noise at all when i shim it with a folded piece of paper slid under the prop
Then I would go back to my first thought - bearings.
Probably lateral movement of the shaft that manifests as prop clatter/wobble. Shimming the prop with paper is sufficient to dampen the movement.

Then I would go back to my first thought - bearings.
Probably lateral movement of the shaft that manifests as prop clatter/wobble. Shimming the prop with paper is sufficient to dampen the movement.
I'll second the notion that it definitely sounds like the bearings are bad.

Easy way to check is to put your prop on and grab the end of the prop and push it down and pull it up and watch the gap between the outer part of the motor and the base of the motor. If you can see a lot of movement going on there to where the gap about closes your bearings are shot. Even a finger on each end of the prop, one pushing up while the other down you'll be able to feel if it's bad.

my question is if the bearings are bad would I not feel something when spinning by hand with the props off, cause with them off it feels exactly like the other ones no moise at all feels like they should feel

Did you by any chance update your prop mounts?? If these are the newest mounts, same as the ones on the I2, then the issue is just DJIs bad QC. The red prop mounts do not fit the red props correctly and there is play. Causes the noise in your video. I bet your red prop pushes on incredibly easily, and the sliding locking mechanism twists on with hardly and friction what so ever?? If so, I'm betting that this is the issue. If not, then as Editor and the others said, it's probably bearings. Have a quick play and see. It's a known issue of the I2 with new style mounts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu