Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Moving to full time & Lead Generation

Reaction score
I have now been trading for 12 months and as a part time business, it has been fantastic! Most of the work has been doing promotional work for events and estate agent property portfolios.

For 2018 i would love to be able to do this full time and i have been looking at the websites that list certified operators as a way of boosting income and wondered if anyone has any 1st hand experience with them? I see a few people in the USA use Dronebase with some success but it doesn't look like they have much going on in the UK. DroneSafe Register claims to be the No.1 but i'm struggling to find any real feedback.

Any advice?

I don't use any of the DSR or any register

My advice local networking groups especially the construction ones

From my experience the drone listing web sites make promises they can’t deliver but are not bothered as they will have your money by the time you find out. What little work they do uncover is always over subscribed by newbie pilots prepared to work for nothing.

As MarkLincs suggests, networking in you local area and referrals from existing clients is by far your safest bet to gain more business. Also, listen to what your exiting client need, they will often provide you with opportunities to do more with them if your work is good.

Around 95% of my work can now be traced to referrals.

Thanks for the info. All of my work last year came from networking so not too surprising. How do you all cope in the winter months? I have found that inquiries have really dropped off from September?

Thanks for the info. All of my work last year came from networking so not too surprising. How do you all cope in the winter months? I have found that inquiries have really dropped off from September?
This is where a decent register can start to pay dividends. I know a group of DSR pilots who are picking up work from another member who has a nationwide deal with an insurance assessor. There is an expectation of rapid response (easy if you are full time) and apparently quick payment. Not on the scheme myself for various reasons but would sign up immediately if I needed the extra work. Thus helps over the winter months when nobody wants marketing images in grim weather but there is lots of storm damage around.

This is where a decent register can start to pay dividends. I know a group of DSR pilots who are picking up work from another member who has a nationwide deal with an insurance assessor. There is an expectation of rapid response (easy if you are full time) and apparently quick payment. Not on the scheme myself for various reasons but would sign up immediately if I needed the extra work. Thus helps over the winter months when nobody wants marketing images in grim weather but there is lots of storm damage around.

I get discount with DSR through my insurance so may as well give it a go and see what happens, i'm going in with low expectations so anything that comes from it is a bonus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stonecentreaus