Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need advice about reading SSD video files

Reaction score
I'm looking for suggestions about apps/programs to use to read /view the video files recorded on my I2 SSDs. Any 'best' s/w to use for doing this. Also, what are some programs your all using for editing these video files?

Thanks!

The Adobe suite is my preferred solution but DaVinci Resolve is also very powerful and you can't beat the price!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I use Adobe Premiere Pro on my Mac and its been pretty good to me. I'd like to buy it, but I could only find the software you pay monthly on...

I'm looking for suggestions about apps/programs to use to read /view the video files recorded on my I2 SSDs. Any 'best' s/w to use for doing this. Also, what are some programs your all using for editing these video files?

Thanks!

How much experience do you have with editing, color grading, etc? There is a wide range of programs out there - each with their owns levels of difficulty.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro on my Mac and its been pretty good to me. I'd like to buy it, but I could only find the software you pay monthly on...
Unfortunately Adobe is going the subscription route with all their premium products. There is a box version of Premier available on Amazon, but I don't think that version has provisions for Prores.

My experience level I'd class as 'noobie'! Just learning or at least trying to learn. LOL

BTW, I'm PC based.

My experience level I'd class as 'noobie'! Just learning or at least trying to learn. LOL

BTW, I'm PC based.

Well then depending on how much you want to learn and how quickly you want to be able to get up and running with something you may want to lean towards the simpler editing programs. However, if you want to learn a good one from the ground up, consider Divinci Resolve by Black Magic Design. They have a fully capable version that is free. It is a fantastic color grading tool and has become an awfully good editing program. There are not nearly as many plug ins and 3rd party effects for it, but it would be a good product to learn from the beginning. If you have never looked into lynda.com for training, check it out. There will be 20+ hours of online training for Resolve (and every other editing program you might consider - as well as video training, lighting and all other computer software you can imagine). At one point they had a free 7 day trial - not sure if they still do. Their training is very comprehensive.

Good luck - and reach out to us if you have any questions. We try to help in more ways than just selling you new equipment!

www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

Thanks very much for the advice and support. Kinda like drinking from a fire hose but I'm making progress! LOL I'll try to post on here what I find out and my trials and errors on this journey.

Thanks again!

BTW, I'm PC based.
If you're a newbie, don't try editing with Final Cut first. It is a bit more complex than the more modular Premiere Pro or even Avid Media Composer which is still my editor of choice but I am mostly in the Adobe ecosystem because they have the dynamic link for After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, Audition, and now even Maxon Cinema 4D with nulls that export out to AE as lights, 3D cameras, tracks, etc. I am a VFX sup/artist so these things are important to me, and plus now Speed Grade will link to Premiere or After Effects and the lumetri color effects use LUTs to perfection. Almost as good as resolve and have so many great updates and then you also get things like Character Animator. Pay the subscription for the Adobe Suite and you will be set for all of your digital services for not much money and ever since Adobe made the very wise decision to go to subscription model, they have been updating and improving their software so often.

I have gone with the Adobe Premiere Pro and am very pleased with not only the intuitive ease of use but also the relative speed of processing. Not so much with the RAW files but definitely with Pro Res which is what I'm usually recording in.

Thanks every one for the help!

Why pay for Adobe forever when Resolve is easier, has a great manual and doesnt care if you are PC or Mac.. i bought a $50 book and spent 2 years trying to get good with Premiere and suck still. Dont know why as who would want to rent software forever.. when Resolve started it was not a complete editor but great for grading now it is fantastic.. and free! Even my 67 year old head can wrap around it. I am sure it can do more than i know but i get it done and learn as i go. They all take time to learn but Resolve is great and you dont have to buy the book. The cheapy editors you find at best buys like cheap will quickly frustrate you and are pretty useless.. IMHO

Reactions: marctronixx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hukumkaikka