Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need some quick advice

Reaction score
So, I have the Inspire 1 PRO, with the following items:
X3 CAM
3 BATTERIES
X5 CAM
X5R CAM
OLYMPUS 14-42 DIGITAL ZOOM LENS
512 GB SSD FOR THE X5R
OSMO
Z AXIS FOR OSMO
BATTERY HEATER
INSPIRE FULLY UPGRADED MOTORS AND GIMBAL MOUNT
2 SETS OF PROPS
ORIGINAL CASE
MULTI CHARGING HUB

I found a man who has the Inspire 2, which I really want for the longer flight times because I have the Flir Vue 336 camera I want to install on it to aid in SAR. He wants theInspire 1 because he said he could purchase the XT cam because he wants to get into thermal as well, but there technically is no thermal cam designed for the Inspire 2. He is willing to make the trade with me for his basically brand new Inspire 2, with 4 batteries and one remote, but it only has the x4s camera. I have been trying to compare apples to apples on this situation, but I can't seem to wrap my mind around whether that would be a good trade or not???? I can't really find a good comparable package like I have to go by? I also know that shortly the Inspire 3 will come out, which will devalue both the inspire 2 and the Inspire 1. At that point, I wonder whether the Inspire 1 with all the upgrades would be valued more then just the Inspire 2 with the cheapest camera? So what are your thoughts about this, guys? I REALLY like the Inspire 2, but at the same point, it was a struggle to get the nice package I currently have with my Inspire 1. We are supposed to come to a complete decision today. So what's your inputs??

I started with an I2 and X4S camera as I was shooting lots for short commercials. Very smooth and amazing bird. My business has shifted to thermal and just landed multiple contracts for thermal work starting March 1st. I sold my I2 for an I1 V2. and purchased an XT sensor. I have flown a half dozen times in that past month. I noticed a huge difference going backwards to the I1 but they are very inexpensive now and the market is flooded with them. Very affordable option when using XT sensor. Had to switch because there is no commercial "Native" option for thermal on the I2 and there never will be. Third party options are available but clumsy.

You have a lot of equipment there that I am not familiar with so I can't comment on a swap. if you are going to be shooting lots of RGB video the I2 is an amazing bird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mayapatil281995