Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New business logo

Ok, like InspiredOne I got kinda lost looking at the Chevelle! The logo, not so much. Kinda looks like a smile with a drone. My opinion, loose the inspire all together. The font used as the header is ok, how about placing some small props crossed under the header font and ad photography under that (not as a smile, straight line and smaller font) Or, just leave the hero font (header) and place photography under MIC to the right (small font) and let it go...

Last edited:
People love to showcase their shiny toys... but that's the worst thing to do in a company logo. Not only is it the least original thing you could do to make your business stand out, but more importantly whenever the next best thing comes out you'll be represented as using outdated tools. Which could be as soon as about 2 weeks from now, so imagine the image you'll give in a year or 2 :)

People love to showcase their shiny toys... but that's the worst thing to do in a company logo. Not only is it the least original thing you could do to make your business stand out, but more importantly whenever the next best thing comes out you'll be represented as using outdated tools. Which could be as soon as about 2 weeks from now, so imagine the image you'll give in a year or 2 :)

The guy choose to paint bright ink all over his face, know your audience :)

Reactions: Kilrah
Keep it as simple as possible. The bigger you get, the more you are going to want to plaster your logo on stuff and it gets $$$ with complicated logos.

Reactions: 304HighDrone
There's a website called Fiverr.com where you can have logos designed for $5. Some are good, some suck, but in the end it's only $5. I shot $25 out there to five different designers and got one that I have since branded on everything:

30341692190_91254dc0e9_b.jpg

Not bad for $5!

There's a website called Fiverr.com where you can have logos designed for $5. Some are good, some suck, but in the end it's only $5. I shot $25 out there to five different designers and got one that I have since branded on everything:

Not bad for $5!

I like it, very nice!

What's wrong with his logo? It's simple and to the point. I've used Fiverr twice with great results.

What's wrong with his logo? It's simple and to the point. I've used Fiverr twice with great results.

If you're happy with your two five dollar logos, then "what's wrong" with it is of no relevance. Even if it were, the space required for a adequate explanation on marketing and branding is not available here.

It's a similar situation for winos. :confused: How many winos do we know that drink an 1875 Chateau Margaux? They pretty much stick to Ripple, Boone's Farm or Annie Green Springs, depending on what part of the country they live in. :p

Not bad for $5!

I took your advice. Should have my completed logo soon.

I own a marketing company of 7 years. We specialize in online development strategies, branding and all types of media- including graphic design, logo development.

First- the hard and fast rule: love your logo. You're going to be married to for it a while. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Second- ignore the so-called "I've been to _____________ graphics / art school so I know what you want" graphic designers. A good designer draws. A GREAT design LISTENS. They listen to their client because, ultimately, the client is the one who pays the bills. It's the designer's job to extrapolate the information from the client in order to create logo prototypes (or web site mocks, ads, etc).

Third - you can use those online services but you'll probably be disappointed in the long run- maybe even the short run. Here's why: your logo has to be viewable (word?) across a variety of backgrounds and ideas. For example, our deliverables to a client include a scalable EPS version (vector art) , color and b/w logos against dark backgrounds, light backgrounds and transparent backgrounds.

Having a single color logo will only serve you in limited capacity.

Fourth - simplicity is the key. Think Nike swish.

I'm uploading a PDF about logo development that I give to clients. It can help you wrap you head about logo development. Don't worry: there's lots of pictures. : )

Attachments

• logo-creation-2016.pdf
    461.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: 304HighDrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu