Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire 2 Firmware Released (12/9/2021)

Totally concur with my fellow I2 upgrade skeptics. I still regret the update I did that totally messed up the battery warnings. Until I figured out what it had done I was pretty freaked out since I was getting temp warnings for no reason. It still burns me that I cannot start a flight without a full battery. When you are out on a project you cannot be messing around with fake warnings and a grounded bird. And of course there was no way to revert to the previous version (WHICH HAD BEEN DOING JUST FINE).....All that said, I wish they would dump the battery warning stuff, dump the geo-fencing (we are pro users and know the FAA and LAANC regs) AND fix the I2 drift issues in a close hover. STILL, I love my I2.....
Just so you know you can downgrade the previous firmware and get rid of the geo zones.

There are free ways to do it but this guy made this paid service so you just click a button and it’s done.

I’ve done it to mine and couldnt stay in business without it.

Pick a scene with clearly defined level horizon. Fly sideway from left to right and then change direction from righ to left while recording video. Also rotate the I2 by 90 and 180 deg and fly sideway again changing direction. Watch the horizon if it stays level or tilts from one side to another as you change direction of flying
Thank you. I've flown six batteries since the update, in fairly heavy wind (the POV camera shows major roll) and have not had the gimbal roll issue. I should have done before and after tests for proper comparison. In fact, I reflexively updated the firmware with optimism that it wouldn't be worse than it already is ... naive of course, but I went for it.

Separate subject but :
I see in this thread a post about returning to previous firmware being possible. Has anyone gone back to a firmware version where the I2 could hover better than it does now?

Just so you know you can downgrade the previous firmware and get rid of the geo zones.

There are free ways to do it but this guy made this paid service so you just click a button and it’s done.

I’ve done it to mine and couldnt stay in business without it.
Thanks for the info. I checked it out a year or so ago and just not brave enough to mess with the DJI setup.

So if it's in the release notes where are you getting these release notes from? There is no firmware on DJI's website. Why is everything so confusing always with these drone companies. Inspire 2 - Download Center - DJI
The release notes is the very first item on the page you just cited. I don’t know how you could have missed it.

It’s frankly surprising that DJI has the one .bin firmware file up on their website because that’s not how the I2 gets updated. You use the app or Assistant 2 to update and the firmware file gets downloaded during the process.

The release notes is the very first item on the page you just cited. I don’t know how you could have missed it.

It’s frankly surprising that DJI has the one .bin firmware file up on their website because that’s not how the I2 gets updated. You use the app or Assistant 2 to update and the firmware file gets downloaded during the process.
I updated today through Assistant…does the X5S since it was attached update if it needs to too at same time do you know?

Attachments

• 11E7FF63-3973-42E1-881A-672FED44F028.jpeg
    11E7FF63-3973-42E1-881A-672FED44F028.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
If you do the update i believe you have to do it for each set of batteries also

The simple solution to not being able to go back is to use NoLimitdronez firmware. I use it strictly to roll back firmware on my Inspire 2. I don't use it to remove No Fly Zones or anything like that. On their site they have all the old firmwares. The cost is fairly cheap for what it does. I think it is less than $50.

I use NO LIMIT DRONEZ and I highly recommend it. All NFZ zones are removed. The cost is 40 Euro. As of today, the application works with firmware 500. Does not work with firmware 600 for Inspire 2 !!!. You have to wait for the newer version of NO LIMIT DRONEZ.

Both NoLimitDronez & DroneHacks are great tools for the I2. Removes not only NFZ but also provides a method to help improve/restore a few performance limitations.

As mentioned, both only support up to x.500 FW so would recommend not moving to x.600 FW until one of the 2 indicate x.600 is supported to allow continuing the support & performance. Based on DJI recently blocking DH’s certificate, I ponder if they’ve addressed the hack both NLD or DH applies in their full I2 Hack… thus questioning if I2 would loose the hack if upgrading to x.600 FW.

Question on OPM Power Reduction feature: does either NLD or DH block or prevent the x.500 OPM Power feature? I’m assuming not, but I haven’t experinced the OPM activating on either of my 2 I2’s so I wasn’t sure.

On the OPM, not the Gimbal issue… how do we “test” to see if OPM will activate and create an issue? My understanding is that even DJI hasn’t clearly identified the various tangents within the OPM matrix that will activate the power reduction. It sounds like there are possibly multiple ways this would activate.

Based on the multiple ways to activate OPM, I come back around to asking if NLD or DH block?
I’ve tested over a controlled environment (large Ag field) where I’ve ran in Sport Mode dashing around simulating a maneuver requiring strong sprints, tight turns and backwards sprints. I can run the I2 down easily to 25-30% without OPM activation… or at least that I’ve noticed or been aware. It sounds like once it activates the Pilot would definitely notice and feel the OPM was activated.

From my reading various scenarios, sport mode running hard would activate.
My horror thought is being on a downtown city construction site with X5S or X7 payload and have OPM activate and either force land in a undesired location or worse.

The hacked x.500 FW may not resolve the gimbal issue, but so far haven’t experienced the OPM. Some have expressed the OPM is even worse on x.600… while gaining Gimbal operation, I would dislike the increase in OPM, unless the hacks from NLD or DH minimize the OPM.

If you do the update i believe you have to do it for each set of batteries also
My understanding… using DJI Asst… you need to perform update all battery sets, each payload, and each Radio unit. You can do this via tablet app, but more handy in my opinion via DJI Asst.

I have had serious compass interference issues.It all started with the last update. Grounded me for a month. I had to install "No Limit Dronez" firmware so I could go back to old firmware and fix the problem.
I read another post on different forum where I2 in 2 incidents flew erratic, after x.600 upgrade… 2nd into home damaging I2.

You’re indicating you were able to upgrade to x.600 and still downgrade to x.500/x.300?
I wasn’t aware the x.600 was downgradable yet? …. Good News if I’m understanding!

I’ve tested over a controlled environment (large Ag field) where I’ve ran in Sport Mode dashing around simulating a maneuver requiring strong sprints, tight turns and backwards sprints. I can run the I2 down easily to 25-30% without OPM activation… or at least that I’ve noticed or been aware. It sounds like once it activates the Pilot would definitely notice and feel the OPM was activated.
Sounds like you're trying the right maneuvers to trigger the opm. Try sports mode in windy conditions. When it triggers you get a warning message saying "propulsion has been limited to protect battery". If you're unlucky and in windy conditions, this possibly results in you trying to bring your drone home against the wind and being restricted to hovering thus making no progress toward you. Though, thus far, I've found re-centering the sticks, allows the OPM to cancel and you can try returning home again at a lesser speed than previously used....though it's guesswork as to what level of thrust will trigger the OPM. So, despite potentially being low on battery, you have to keep centering the sticks, let the OPM cancel then try again and hope the thrust level used this time gets you home before the batt dies or OPM triggers again. Can definitely be nerve-wracking.

My question to anyone who's upgraded to the latest firmware is; has the OPM been altered? Can it still be cancelled by centering the sticks and trying again....or is it now even more restrictive?

I wish we could get a small graphic showing health of, or current draw from, the batteries, indicating when the thrust we are demanding could be damaging the batts. Thus we'd know what thrust level to back down from and ideally wouldn't have DJI take control of our drone when we're in potentially stressful situations. I can dream at least

Reactions: dougcjohn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu