Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

new Pro Platinum UAV

Reaction score
... Just looking on the DJI website I see they have brought out a new Mavic with 30mins flights and 4db quieter - have I missed a new press release with all new products or was this all just slipped in nice and quietly ?

Surprised you missed it! :) No real release event, just debuted and introduced at the IFA show in Berlin on Thursday.

More or less just a new edition of the Mavic that DJI is calling the Mavic Pro Platinum. Longer flight time achieved through new ESCs and propeller design. Propellers have winglets which is said to reduce noise and turbulence by stopping vortexes where the speed is greatest off the end of the prop.

Only differences:
  • Platinum Color
  • Enhanced ESCs
  • Low-Noise Propellers
Retail for Mavic Pro Platinum $1099, regular Mavic Pro $999

New propellers also work on the regular Mavic Pro.

Full DJI press release can be read here: DJI to Showcase Two New Drones and Introduce Unique Sphere Mode At IFA 2017

Surprised you missed it! :) No real release event, just debuted and introduced at the IFA show in Berlin on Thursday.
Im too busy waiting for the Apple event next week ! Didn't even think to check if DJI was going to do "yet another one"

Shame they can upgrade all these consumer units without sorting out their professional customers first.

Im too busy waiting for the Apple event next week ! Didn't even think to check if DJI was going to do "yet another one"

Shame they can upgrade all these consumer units without sorting out their professional customers first.

Yes, definitely looking forward to the Apple event next Tuesday!

Much agreed and this is definitely be voiced to DJI HQ by our team that works directly with their counterparts.

The new GDU 02 and their Bird drones completely kill the Inspire and Mavic drones.
I'm at the Interdrone Convention and these units are awesome!
They also utilize the right thumb wheel for camera pitch. Great for us right handers!

The new GDU 02 and their Bird drones completely kill the Inspire and Mavic drones.
I'm at the Interdrone Convention and these units are awesome!
They also utilize the right thumb wheel for camera pitch. Great for us right handers!

GDU is making great progressions and their company has a laser focus vision. We've really enjoyed working with them. They've been very inviting here at InterDrone this week. Were you in the room for the 02 launch yesterday? I'm sure we saw each other!

GDU is making great progressions and their company has a laser focus vision. We've really enjoyed working with them. They've been very inviting here at InterDrone this week. Were you in the room for the 02 launch yesterday? I'm sure we saw each other!
Could have been. I'll be at the Yes Fly Zone atv11:30 tomorrow for their demo. How will I recognize you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onaldUnino