Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Other drone options?

There was someone on dpreview who used a Nikon D810 with their 14-24mm lens on a S1000. Found it: D810 & 14-24 over Iceland (Drone Photography): Nikon FX SLR (DF, D1-D5, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

It does sound like he hobbled it together verses another who used a Canon Mark something and found the gimbal easier to use as well as the camera plugins with the Canon. The link above shows it in his thread "Technical Information."

I did find some other cheaper drone which holds a D800 here: Infinity-6 RTF: V2, Dual Operator, 3-Axis Gimbal, FPV, Retractable Skids, 16,000mah 6S Batt, Charger Looks like a bit of DIY too.

Don't know how the X5S will perform either, but at least there are some good lenses out there for it.

Casey thanks very much for links
I have the same photo higher gimbal on my another octocopter ,but I should replace existing servos with gimbal motors ( prox conversion price $400 us).
I am looking for third party gimbal that would fit and work s1000+ a3 and light bridge 2 setup.
I am also wondering if someone knows if zenmuse for Canon could be converted to nikon d800 ( if it is just mater to fit the camera to the gimbal , it might be no problem for me to fit it on ,but I am wondering if the light bridge would work with nikon) .

Absolutely not.
DJI don't make a rig that will comfortably carry something like an Arri or an F55 rig.
Nor does it make anything with the level of redundancy a 16 prop machine offers
Don't forget, DJI firmware is flakey as well and not forgetting they still can't make a camera.

That includes the X5R etc. They still seem to believe that horsepower alone makes a good camera which of course it doesn't.
It's almost as if they have said "OK, if you are going to criticise our cameras we will make something so powerful and capture at such a high bitrate it will be fantastic and beyond reproach"
Unfortunately, they still just don't 'get it'.

Ok wait 16 prop machine! Where is that? I see a 6 and an 8 and then one of those weird ones with under side props which would make for 12 right? Unless my math is off which it could be lol.... so do they have a 8 dual prop one too?

And the M600 would carry a Arri right? But I guess you were making a point with saying comfortable... lol

Also I found this review stating the new X5S is starting to rival arri! Shows it to be sharper and with adjustments able to get closer to the color of the arri Alexa mini

I know I have seen on here or somewhere talking about other possible inspire like and greater drones, but have not been able to find any companies... (I know about typhoon etc... wanting higher grade) I know DJI is from the most part the major player, but what are some others...? Also I am interested in even maybe building one... are a lot of people that build still using DJI parts? Are there kits out there???
Thanks....
Look at servicdron from Germany, the Eagle G4 , I have one.

Attachments

• IMG_0870.JPG
    IMG_0870.JPG
    694.6 KB · Views: 17
I know I have seen on here or somewhere talking about other possible inspire like and greater drones, but have not been able to find any companies... (I know about typhoon etc... wanting higher grade) I know DJI is from the most part the major player, but what are some others...? Also I am interested in even maybe building one... are a lot of people that build still using DJI parts? Are there kits out there???
Thanks....

We have done a lot of this thing over the years. We are a DJI dealer, but have built Cinestars, owned an Alta + Movi, tried frames from DroidWorks, etc. Here is a frame we used to test an A3 flight control with a Light Bridge 2 system and some DJI motor / ESC combos for their line of propulsion systems. It was super easy to build and get ready to fly when compared to everything else we have built. It will carry a small 2 axis brushless gimbal and a 5D Mark III or 6D, etc. The LB2 gives us dual HD video down links, the A3 is a fantastic flight control system and the propulsion system gave us 26 minutes of flight time on 2 x 6000mAh batteries. This was just a proof of concept for a hex frame we are finishing up the design for. On a hex (up to 18 pounds) it would fly a DSLR for 15 minutes.

So if you are looking for a reasonably priced way to get a decent DSLR in the air we can definitely point you in the right direction and get you all the DJI parts you would need. There are also many other ways to do this and most members probably would not want me to crowd up this thread with rambling comparisons of all the different flight controllers, radios, motors, ESCs, props, etc.

Personally I have encouraged people to consider many of the "off the shelf" packages - especially if you are not a DIY type of person. That being said, we have had clients locally build things so big (co-axial hex - 12 motors) that you could not even fit it in the back of an F150 truck. It hung over the sides.

PM me if you want any more information on anything or if I can help you in any way.

We have done a lot of this thing over the years. We are a DJI dealer, but have built Cinestars, owned an Alta + Movi, tried frames from DroidWorks, etc. Here is a frame we used to test an A3 flight control with a Light Bridge 2 system and some DJI motor / ESC combos for their line of propulsion systems. It was super easy to build and get ready to fly when compared to everything else we have built. It will carry a small 2 axis brushless gimbal and a 5D Mark III or 6D, etc. The LB2 gives us dual HD video down links, the A3 is a fantastic flight control system and the propulsion system gave us 26 minutes of flight time on 2 x 6000mAh batteries. This was just a proof of concept for a hex frame we are finishing up the design for. On a hex (up to 18 pounds) it would fly a DSLR for 15 minutes.

So if you are looking for a reasonably priced way to get a decent DSLR in the air we can definitely point you in the right direction and get you all the DJI parts you would need. There are also many other ways to do this and most members probably would not want me to crowd up this thread with rambling comparisons of all the different flight controllers, radios, motors, ESCs, props, etc.

Personally I have encouraged people to consider many of the "off the shelf" packages - especially if you are not a DIY type of person. That being said, we have had clients locally build things so big (co-axial hex - 12 motors) that you could not even fit it in the back of an F150 truck. It hung over the sides.

PM me if you want any more information on anything or if I can help you in any way.
I can't see the frame

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy