Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pelican knock off case

Lee

Reaction score
Thought I would share. Harbor Freight Apache (pelican knock off) case. Not bad for $29 bucks.
ee4bfb7d9f0696496701caf168b1025e.jpg
819d2750a68e391ce99d014951028332.jpg

Nice! How did you cut the foam? I just bought a case for my OSMO that was on sale for $70 and this looks just as good.

It was super easy. The foam is the "pick and pluck " perforated type. I plan on putting a few coats of Plastidip on top. A lot of firearms enthusiasts are using this on their case foam to close the perforations after you finish the fitment of whatever you putting the case.

Very nice. I saw some on Amazon (like Amazon basics) which are priced about the same, but these actually look better quality than those.

Reactions: Lee
Dji goggles also fit perfect in that case if you separate the lens from the headband. I'm also interested in how the plastic dip turns out, please post a pic if you do it.
9f9e65a0abd8c586a08dc311d25b41e1.jpg

Here is the case foam with the Plasti dip applied. A total of 4 coats. The first coat was applied lightly and allowed to dry for about 45 minutes. The remaining coats were applied heavier and allowed to dry 15-20 mins between each coat. I let it completely dry for about 24 hours. Overall, I am pleased with the end result.
f42edca14bb873b7d6b9a4227dea3f0b.jpg
3ccedfed414a7724bd9d699dfb95855e.jpg
87b9a8d9ef6911315600285f772eb672.jpg
7ab66a5cd0993cf9cf475af08be7f0ff.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Heliarink
Lee, what was your spray procedure? Did you take the foam out of the case to spray? Did you spray into the holes where the batteries go?
How many cans of Plasti dip did it take to do one case?
Thanks.

Reactions: Lee
Lee, what was your spray procedure? Did you take the foam out of the case to spray? Did you spray into the holes where the batteries go?
How many cans of Plasti dip did it take to do one case?
Thanks.

Yes, the foam was taken out of the case. I used a very small amount of Zap a Gap adhesive on a couple of foam perforations that were pulled too far apart during the battery fitment. I then placed the foam on a large piece of cardboard so the overspray didn't get on anything of value. For all coats except the first coat, I used slow overlapping passes from the top to bottom. I didn't really try to spray down into the holes; however, the holes seemed to get just enough coverage with the normal spray pattern. One thing very important: When spraying, don't spray continuous during each pass. Stop and shake the can a few times after each pass and before the next. It seems to help the product "atomize" a little better. In other words, the pattern is more even.
I used maybe 3/4 of one can.
The result was honestly much better than I expected.

Reactions: KohalaKeith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stonecentreaus