Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Polish Equivalent of the FAA or Transport Canada?

Reaction score
I'm doing a drone shoot in Poland in September and need to contact the Polish equivalent of the FAA or Transport Canada for permission.
Anyone have that information?

Thanks

I'm doing a drone shoot in Poland in September and need to contact the Polish equivalent of the FAA or Transport Canada for permission.
Anyone have that information?

Thanks
Civil aviation authority in Poland

I'm afraid your US/Canadian/Austrailian UAV qualification will mean nothing in Poland since any commercial activity will ultimately fall within the powers of the body I have linked to above and/or EASA.
Additionally, You would need to satisfy EC785/2004 compliance for insurance purposes which yours won't being issued domestically within the US/Canada/Outside Europe

Civil aviation authority in Poland

Your US/Canadian/Austrailian UAV qualification will mean nothing in Poland since any commercial activity will ultimately fall within the body above/EASA.
Additionally, You would need to satisfy EC785/2004 compliance for insurance purposes which yours won't being issued domestically within the US/Canada/Outside Europe
I realize that. That's why I was asking for the information on how to reach them.
Thanks for the info. I will look into it!

I realize that. That's why I was asking for the information on how to reach them.
Thanks for the info. I will look into it!
You will also require a medical certificate (Polish) a certificate of competence which entails a flight test and exam issued by Minister of Transport, Construction and Maritime Economy and EC785/2004 insurance is mandatory.
It's probably easier to get a Polish crew to do the shoot.

You will also require a medical certificate (Polish) a certificate of competence which entails a flight test and exam issued by Minister of Transport, Construction and Maritime Economy and EC785/2004 insurance is mandatory.
It's probably easier to get a Polish crew to do the shoot.
Takes the fun out of it!
So I found out that the Polish air authority recognized EU based certificates but not Canadian or US ones. I would have to start from scratch.
However, I contacted the British CAA authority and they do recognize the Canadian SFOC certificate. I just need to fill out their application and submit the details.
So once I have their certificate, I can use that to show the Polish authority and all should be good! Takes 28 business days to get the British certificate so I anticipate late September or October before I can do the flight

I don't know what the CAA has said to you, but be careful as you may still fall foul of their requirement to have insurance to meet EC785/2004, which your Canadian policy may not satisfy. For us 'locals', the CAA usually want evidence that that insurance is in place before they issue their 'certificate'.

To avoid any potential delays catching you out, I'd suggest you check carefully with them to see if they still require that level of insurance from you, or that they're happy that your existing policy satisfies the conditions. Regardless of that, make sure whatever insurance youre using is happy to cover you in Poland!

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelaOrita