Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problem downloading the 1.5 version of the update

Reaction score
Hi guys.

This is my first time on the forum. I am a qualified pilot in the UK and have just purchased an Inspire 1 Pro.
I had one flight with her, and she was absolutely fantastic. Due to lousy weather, I couldn't fly again.
This morning the weather was clear skies and very little wind, so I ran across the yard to the field and set the bird up, switched on the Tx and the Ipad message flashed four red triangles. The message-block at the top of the screen was saying that I cannot fly, and I checked the screen again.
Holy crap! Updates required on the Tx, battery, flying machine and camera!! After only one short flight!

I phoned my son-in-law who confirmed that he had the same thing happen back in October, but after the firmware update his machine flew for six weeks with no problems, and then another update was done. Again, no problems.
Today I spent four hours trying everything, four, five or six times each.
The Tx updated very fast direct from the Ipad mini, but when I tried to update the machine, it still never beeped once. I kept checking the screen, and it keeps saying that the machine, camera and battery must be updated.

Then it says that I can fly the machine, but the updates still need to be done.
So this may tie-in with the comment I read from one pilot that this update is not for the Zenmuse camera, and so it appears that I can now fly, albeit with three components still requiring upgrading.
So why did the Tx update so quickly and smoothly?? I am very confused here.

The Tx gets it's updates from the mobile device attached to it. (it didn't always happen this way) The aircraft can get minor updates this way. But some updates must be performed by loading it on a memory card and inserting it into the camera. You probably need to do this.

You can download the firmware and read instructions how to update the firmware here

The Tx gets it's updates from the mobile device attached to it. (it didn't always happen this way) The aircraft can get minor updates this way. But some updates must be performed by loading it on a memory card and inserting it into the camera. You probably need to do this.

You can download the firmware and read instructions how to update the firmware here

Thanks for that TJ. Yes, the controller linked immediately to the download on the app and the whole thing took around 20 seconds.
I tried three more times to put the download onto the other three units (aircraft, battery and camera) and eventually gave up.
As a trial, I took it into the field next door, powered up the Tx and then the bird and low and behold, the screen message said "safe to fly on GPS".
So I flew for 12 minutes, and there were no problems. The battery was low, so I switched batteries and had another flight. Again, no problems.

I am new to this technology (flew nitro helicopters for a few years) and so cannot even guess what is going on, but as long as it all works I will keep flying to get my training hours in.
If you can offer any info or advice on this technology I would appreciate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shefy