Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

I try to be as professional as possible (Safety, Part 107, CRM, good equipment) but this just ridiculous. I buy a new, high-end piece of equipment, put 4 batteries through it and lo and behold, the props are wobbling around like a carnival ride. Inspire grounded. Back to goto Typhoon H and P4. No response from DJI so I go through the fixes online from other pilots: tape, glue, toilet paper, folding props, spit, hope, maybe this, maybe that…..come on. What is wrong with this company. Poor customer service and English so bad that there is miscommunication. You don’t want bad comms when you’re in the business of flying machines through the air. The DJI CEO guy, a Frank Wang, who keeps spouting off about poor Chinese quality and how DJI is trying to lead with a difference doesn’t seem to get it or there would be factory fixes for this, and forthwith.

The problem is the red male hubs are too small. AC-20-37E, the Advisory Circular for props on real planes says “any unusual free play, and odd sounds” affects airworthiness. Is this issue "unusual"? Any AP would laugh at the matter and stand clear. I am going to stick with grounding the unit until there is an official fix. This thing is not a toy.

I’ve done the super glue/sand on prop base and the vinyl tape method on all prop sets and it seems to work, but I am not going to stitch together my flying-machine like MacGyver and hope for the best. So there you have it: a $3000.00 tree limb trimmer.

xièxie DJI

As mentioned in my original response my red props were replaced and were a tight fit. However, since then I have had to do the super fix alteration. I noticed on a flight that my craft suddenly sounded odd and I didn’t like it so I brought it in and upon shutting it down realised that once again the red props were loose. Super fix has worked for now but as you say, this should have been dealt with at a factory level. It is not acceptable. The Inspire is a big craft, expensive and used by professionals for professional work a lot of the time. We should not be subjected to having the possibility that it could fall out of the air due to a manufacturing fault. Why not remake the hub at the correct size. I would even be happy to pay a small amount to replace it with the right size hub rather than look at alternative methods.
Just my thoughts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP