Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

I thought I eluded the red prop mounting problem until my 5th Inspire 2 flight. I replaced the props with the 2nd included set. That seemed to work until I landed I noticed it again.
I'm not flying it until I get this fixed because it seems to cause a lot of vibration.

I ordered a new set of props and mounts and hopefully they're updated ones. If not i'll try the gregp2017 fix since I'll have enough white prop mounts.

Reactions: oblivie
hope your change fixes your current problems. BUT i don't trust the dJI process to fix it. i have resorted to filling the gap with both foam and tissue anything thats stops the rattle. in a few months there will be an official fix but i can't let DJI slow progress stop me flying. for me i'm covered by refresh cover so i can always hit blade stop at 100 metre and send the broken I2 back for refresh if i get too pissed off

There is another way to fix this rattle problem with the red props. From I can see the major part of the problem lies with the hub, specifically the part that has the metal clips on it. On this part the areas that lock onto the props are not the proper length (off by a millimetre or so). You can take the hub part with the metal clip (a white one) and use it on the red prop. All you do is dab a bit of red paint with a toothpick onto the small white triangles. So let me sumerize, you use the flat silver spring for the red side, the centre of the hub for the red side, BUT use the part with the metal clips that you squeeze in to unlock from the white side. You need a couple of spare sets of prop hubs to do this as you need to use the metal clip part from the white sides.
I'm sure DJI will fix this problem with new red side hubs, but for now this is a fix that works, and I think it's a better way than foam in the prop, or toilet paper for taking up the slack in the hub.

Would you mind posting a photo of the difference that you are seeing between the white and red "field goal uprights"? I am not measuring any difference at all.

Well, after flying with the new props DJI sent me a few weeks ago, the rattle is back. Looking forward to a permanent fix...

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I just got new I2 props in today. Quad flies quieter, and brakes quieter, and hovers quieter. No noise when spinning by hand either.

One prop has no play whatsoever. The other ones have tiny tiny bit for now. But no where as close as the originals.

Does anybody know if the high altitude props will have issues with this, or if anyone has used them? Mine just shipped after ordering them over a month ago (forgot I ordered them) and I'm hoping there is no issue with them.

Nope no 2 or foam, all the props were tight. I had loose red ones on my i1 I just put a couple wraps of white plumbers PFTE tape on the stems and they were nice and snug.

Update
After a couple flights red props (both) started to rattle when spun, sent a complaint e-mail to Heliguy UK who promptly sent me a set of the modified props rattle gone. Three flights later the rattle is back!! I have now done the modification subsituting the red hubs by using the white hubs, rattle gone again. I hope this mod works, the bird is brill and flying her is a joy however these issues should not be happening. I'm not going to buy any more props or QR hubs as this saga is not over yet.

hope your change fixes your current problems. BUT i don't trust the dJI process to fix it. i have resorted to filling the gap with both foam and tissue anything thats stops the rattle. in a few months there will be an official fix but i can't let DJI slow progress stop me flying. for me i'm covered by refresh cover so i can always hit blade stop at 100 metre and send the broken I2 back for refresh if i get too pissed off
How are you new carbon folding blades ?

Hi all! Same problem here, all 4 red props are rattling on both mounts. :-(

I've just contacted the dealer and DJI.

Meanwhile, I tried the foam trick, but indeed it stops the rattling - but the play of the propeller remains there.

So I've just replaced one of the red locks with the spare white lock - and this works perfectly.
But DJI has provided only one spare white lock. So I'll try to get another one at my dealer.

Cheers,
Stephan

Last edited:
Reactions: oblivie
Just noticed I had the dreaded prop rattle on 3 of my props after a full battery flight. I unclipped them then clipped them back in and the rattle was totally gone on all 3 props. Has anyone found out if the rattling causes any damage or wear? I've read through almost all 9 pages of this thread and haven't found any confirmations of the rattling causing damage.

Hello, I haven't seen any confirmation of damage myself, but with that much prop rattle, and the high RPM, I could only assume it would cause damage to the motor bearings over time......but that's just my opinion.

Just noticed I had the dreaded prop rattle on 3 of my props after a full battery flight. I unclipped them then clipped them back in and the rattle was totally gone on all 3 props. Has anyone found out if the rattling causes any damage or wear? I've read through almost all 9 pages of this thread and haven't found any confirmations of the rattling causing damage.
You would never get anything from DJI by way of an admission but from experience I can confirm that any kind of loose prop is a bad prop and will put very premature wear and strain on both bearings and shafts.
Not only that but vibration can be transmitted through the airframe and manifest itself as jello on the captured video.
Anything spinning at a few thousand RPM should be balanced and vibration free........that goes for pretty much anything mechanical :)

I spoke with DJI Support last week and they indicated that they have new props that they are issuing but they want you to send the old ones in first. I told them that made no sense and they asked me to take pics and send them to them instead and they are sending out 2 new sets of props. They also told me to not fly with the existing props. Guessing it's because of the out of balance and the potential for a prop to fly off and crash the Inspire. I haven't received anything as of yet. Will be checking with them today to find out status.

Just spoke with DJI support and they are sticking with the props are the issue and not the locks. They have a lot of requests for new props and are stating it will be another week before I will be receiving the new ones and they are still recommending not flying with the existing props.

Lol..... what a joke .... I changed my mounts out.... 11 flights..... no rattle[emoji851] / both types of props too.......with and without foam ..... no problems

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheapFlights