Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Should I or should I not update firmware?

Reaction score
Hello to all DJI pilots,
This is my very first posting for I am relatively new at all this.
I have just bought a used Inspire 1v1 from an aerial photographer who has been in business for some time. He said this was his backup set and only had about 60~ flights or so. Now he also told me he had installed the latest firmware and when I checked it was the 1.9.1.30 version. So now I've found out that there is a newer version 10. something.
I have notice in some other versions that you are able to turn on and off the navigation lights and with the 1.9.1.30 version I can't do that. Anyway my question is do I have to or should have to upgrade to version 10. something? For I fear I may lose other similar features.
What do I have to gain by upgrading will there be more restrictions? Please inform me of the pros and cons of this new firmware. I also fly at the local model aircraft field and it's the only place I know of in New Zealand that has a ceiling height of 1mile. actually the fight box is 1Sq mile. So with the firmware I have installed now I'm limited to 500m elevation.
Is it possible for me to exceed this limited height? I've heard about but have not tried, that it is possible to go beyond this limit by engaging the RTH and then when it starts to return then cancel and push through the limiter. Please give me your thoughts on this it would be very much appreciated.
Just one more question why do you think he sent me the RC for his Inspire Pro Black Edition with a big scratch in it instead of the proper RC? It seem to work ok but like I said I'm new at all this.
Best Regards'

Kiwi nz.

Last edited:
If it works.... don't fix it.
I stopped doing fw updates 10 months ago due to all of the reported bugs in new fw and I have had zero problems.
400+ flights since.

Reactions: The Editor
I updated firmware, go app and IOS two days ago. Everything seemed fine before a test run.

On flight test, the video live feed now has a 3 sec delay from my iPad mini2 (16Gb, with 8Gig free, never had a prob with it before).

The live feed on the Slave controller has is fine. Doesn't matter which identical of the two iPads I use on it.

I connected my iPhone 7plus to the master. That works perfect. Just the screen is tiny.

I'm thinking iPad mIni 2's are starting to become out dated tech. Or there's a glitch.

Wish I'd backed up the iPhones IOS before updating so I could test if it was that.

Will try and revert the firmware over the next couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst