Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Signal loss if you move the bird by hand?

Reaction score
So I had installed the DBS antenna mod a month or so ago. Everything went fine, I took it out for a spin and flew something like 3km away with no signal loss whatsoever, other than when I was turned around and was not pointing at the bird directly. This flight was over the ocean, no obstructions whatsoever.

A few weeks later, I was flying around a harbor area with a pedestrian promenade--I was flying just over the water, maybe 30-50m from the shore and basically flew alongside the shore. At about 800m, I would get complete signal loss and the bird would RTH. I would wait a bit and walk towards it and eventually regain full control and video feed shortly after.

I thought something might be wrong with my antenna mod so I opened up the controller again and everything looked fine. Today, I did some testing at home, bringing the controller into different rooms and no signal loss.

However, I noticed that if I hold the controller and then pick up my inspire by hand and move around the house, or even turn in circles on the spot, the video cuts out almost immediately upon movement and it takes it a few seconds to come back after I put the bird down or hold it steady.

Is this normal? My controller is in my left hand and the bird in my right hand and i literally just turn myself in circles and the video would cut out. I imagine as soon as the bird flew up, this would happen too?

At this point I'm really confused what could be wrong. I cleaned the gimbal contacts and checked the pins, everything looks fine. I am running the following firmware/software versions:

App: Version 2.7.1
Aircraft: Version 1.6.00.40
RC: Version 1.5.70
Camera: Version 1.5.00.30

Should I perhaps upgrade everything to the latest? Any recommendations welcome as I will be going on a trip to fly this tomorrow. I will find time later today to do some test flights as well.

Thanks everyone!

Update: Did fine out to 1.3km, then started getting RC signal loss. I turned it around, went in a different heading and it held until 1.6km, where it got weak transmission signal.

I thought the RC + Video Feed signals were on the same channels--is it normal to lose one before the other? Under what circumstances?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77