Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

T600-D FCC####1410 vs, T601 FCC####1510

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I saw that already. Without a video and some data and a modicum of controls, there's no way to know. I am not saying it doesn't exist, but I am saying this isn't a solid reference. Confirmation bias doesn't help either.

So many people have been saying the same about the P3 new vs. old motors. New ones last longer. They're more efficient. Meanwhile, outside of numerous "I swear they're better" testimonials there's not a shred of data to support it.

Last edited:
I think it's obvious and logical to say that the T601 model has a more modern and improved technology. Users are reported an tested the two models and the results in the real world, indicate that the Model T601 is much better than the previous T600.

We can discuss this case, but I am sure that all buyers at this time, prefer the T601 over the old T600 by the same price.

This is evident and the buyers affected by this case have the right to complain

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 27
I think it's obvious and logical to say that the T601 model has a more modern and improved technology. Users are reported an tested the two models and the results in the real world, indicate that the Model T601 is much better than the previous T600.

We can discuss this case, but I am sure that all buyers at this time, prefer the T601 over the old T600 by the same price.

This is evident and the buyers affected by this case have the right to complain

Not really, the phantom 3 pro/advance has had 3 changes in output power per model but it's the same LB OFDM board on all models

In fact there are 3 different output for the P3 Pro and 3 different outputs for the Advance models and they are all different, that's 6 different FCC IDs and outputs but again all use the same OFDM module.

Changes are all in FW

There may not be any Hw change here and it could all be FW.

Just because the power has changed it does not mean the HW has ;)

Yeah, I saw that already. Without a video and some data and a modicum of controls, there's no way to know. I am not saying it doesn't exist, but I am saying this isn't a solid reference. Confirmation bias doesn't help either.

So many people have been saying the same about the P3 new vs. old motors. New ones last longer. They're more efficient. Meanwhile, outside of numerous "I swear they're better" testimonials there's not a shred of data to support it.

Why don't you contact them to prescribe a set of tests?

In fact, since this has caused such an uproar and raised such a dark cloud over the company and community why don't we have these two aircraft sent to an independent testing lab? I'm quite sure the poster would be agreeable to that. Can you think of a place that would conduct the testing?

I will pay shipping for the owners if you pay for the tests.

What do you say?

We can put this to bed once and for all.

Last edited:
Reactions: DamesNY and brifla
hello,
i have made test on a RC 858C the new.
on the left antenne 15 dbm only (about 35 mw) and the right antenne is only for receive.
i have a 1510 and the test was made in france
dji have no answer about my question about the power and location fcc or ce
they said in one mail the power depend on the location of device
and if no location of RC ??????

hello,
i have made test on a RC 858C the new.
on the left antenne 15 dbm only (about 35 mw) and the right antenne is only for receive.
i have a 1510 and the test was made in france
dji have no answer about my question about the power and location fcc or ce
they said in one mail the power depend on the location of device
and if no location of RC ??????
I'm afraid this test is totally meaningless. You are measuring the carrier amplitude at source and the TX will ramp up or down the rf output depending on the RX RSSI transmitted back via telemetry.
You would need to put the Remote into engineering mode which you will not be able to do.

Reactions: Mad_angler1
if you have this information of the power depending of the distance and depend of the location, can you give us information.
theres is a difference us or france ?
if the rc or the device ar without position gps what append, with powwer is use ?
what ar the max power ?
what the min power ?

when i have made this mesure, the power was the same if the inspire was at 1 meter or at the limits of reception.
15 dbm on the left
nothing on the right

I'm afraid this test is totally meaningless. You are measuring the carrier amplitude at source and the TX will ramp up or down the rf output depending on the RX RSSI transmitted back via telemetry.
You would need to put the Remote into engineering mode which you will not be able to do.

It does amaze me how people just seem to think it's a simple as a rf meter to measure the power or more power = more range in a digital system.

So much more to be tested and without access to test equipment to be able to decode the data stream and analyse it any readings are pointless.

I spent 2 years testing and improving the regional transmitter sites for the first digital Tv system in the uk.

Good old On Digital, so much more to Digital transmission than carrier power it's self.

It does amaze me how people just seem to think it's a simple as a rf meter to measure the power or more power = more range in a digital system.

So much more to be tested and without access to test equipment to be able to decode the data stream and analyse it any readings are pointless.

I spent 2 years testing and improving the regional transmitter sites for the first digital Tv system in the uk.

Good old On Digital, so much more to Digital transmission than carrier power it's self.
Absolutely!
We also have no idea what level of error correction is implemented within the DJI transmission stream/Decode.
The other thing that people have completely missed in their tirades is that the equipmemt supplied by DJI to the FCC was pre set into Engineering Mode. A status the end user will never see, not do we know the criteria for this mode.

Not sure about engineering mode vs "in field" metering but there is one thing certain. I wouldnt trust a $300 amazon meter for measuring the results. Just look up Tektronics, R&S, Keysight, etc and you are talking the only type of equipment necessary for this job. The only problem is these devices cost multi thousands of dollars, way more than an Inspire or 2.

I think you can get some real time results by A/B'ing both models under similar conditions without expensive devices but measuring with a $300 amazon RF meter is at best inconclusive. The only dependable results I get from RF meters at this price point is detection of EMF radiant emissions. Certainly not useful info for this discussion.

Maybe we should go out flying and have fun with our Inspires again instead of discussing A/B tests with $300 amazon RF meters to validate theoretical radiant emissions of our bird..?

oh oh..i see **** storm coming..apologize upfront! :)

thomas

Maybe we should go out flying and have fun with our Inspires again instead of discussing A/B tests with $300 amazon RF meters to validate theoretical radiant emissions of our bird..?

oh oh..i see **** storm coming..apologize upfront! :)

thomas

Don't worry, be happy is a valid response to this, to be sure. And probably the right one in the end, but there are folks with valid "did I get what I paid for" concerns, they should do what's necessary to get to the bottom of it and I support that.

Don't worry, be happy is a valid response to this, to be sure. And probably the right one in the end, but there are folks with valid "did I get what I paid for" concerns, they should do what's necessary to get to the bottom of it and I support that.

We all do around that it was the crazy talk that got it all out of hand.

At the end of the day it will likely take months possibly years to fully understand what the changes are and if your not happy with your purchase your retailer is the place to contact and I support that

One thought Iv always had is when a manufacture makes changes like this it's generally for either reliability or cost savings, now we know the Inspire has been reliable in this area otherwise it would have been modified a long time back so I'm always suspicious of its cost savings.

Things are never changed for no reason, re tooling or redesign costs money, there has to be a payoff.

Perhaps one day we will get two units apart or find out if there is a separate PN for the FC in the 1510.

As I said the P3 is one hardware and changes in FW

the mesure on the antenne was made in a professional labo
with oscilovecteur scope, its not a 300 dol **** thing

the mesure on the antenne was made in a professional labo
with oscilovecteur scope, its not a 300 dol **** thing

While it's interesting, it's still not very meaningful. An end-to-end test comparing different versions is the only meaningful performance metric.

I think Dji should have called it the v3, or are they saving that for about 2 months time to keep everyone interested? I can see a lot of firmware updates going titsup as they will now have to allow for difference parts to accept there updates.

This has been posted by Tahoe Ed on RCG and FB I believe

Tahoe Ed

this is from the PM.

Important:
Regarding the T600 / T601 RF output power issue that is currently discussed here and in different forums: There is NO difference in terms of RF Hardware (Lightbridge) between the T600 and the T601 version. Some people state, that according the FCC certification the T601 has a higher output power because of a different hardware. That is incorrect. The Output Power was increased by firmware on both T600 and T601 models in certain geographical regions. This has been incorporated in the newer FCC certification of the T601.
So again: RF Hardware on T600 and T601 are exactly the same and so is the Signal strength and range.
Regarding the different Remote Controller Versions: 658A and 658C are the equivalent to T600 and T601. Same RF (Lightbridge Hardware) just a different / newer certification on the 658C. 658B is the japanese Version and uses 900mhz for the connection between the remote controls.
There is NO need to return, swap, RMA anything if you have T600 / 658A. It is the same hardware, same output power and the same Range on all versions.

Please do not believe all rumours that are spread in forums and Facebook groups as some of them are based on wrong information and half
knowledge.
Thanks!

Can we end this discussion

Me again

This is an official DJI response on this from the PM

That's the last from me on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been posted by Tahoe Ed on RCG and FB I believe

Tahoe Ed

this is from the PM.

Important:
Regarding the T600 / T601 RF output power issue that is currently discussed here and in different forums: There is NO difference in terms of RF Hardware (Lightbridge) between the T600 and the T601 version. Some people state, that according the FCC certification the T601 has a higher output power because of a different hardware. That is incorrect. The Output Power was increased by firmware on both T600 and T601 models in certain geographical regions. This has been incorporated in the newer FCC certification of the T601.
So again: RF Hardware on T600 and T601 are exactly the same and so is the Signal strength and range.
Regarding the different Remote Controller Versions: 658A and 658C are the equivalent to T600 and T601. Same RF (Lightbridge Hardware) just a different / newer certification on the 658C. 658B is the japanese Version and uses 900mhz for the connection between the remote controls.
There is NO need to return, swap, RMA anything if you have T600 / 658A. It is the same hardware, same output power and the same Range on all versions.

Please do not believe all rumours that are spread in forums and Facebook groups as some of them are based on wrong information and half
knowledge.
Thanks!

Can we end this discussion

Me again

This is an official DJI response on this from the PM

That's the last from me on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If only this thread would die now............. but it wont :rolleyes:

Reactions: ianwood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online