Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Test shot with X5 - sunset

Discussion in 'Zenmuse X5' started by gruvpix, Dec 1, 2015.

1. gruvpix

Have to admit I have been dropping the ball on photo tests with the X5 so far. Snapped a couple quickies while filming a sunset the other night.

YEG w- X5 (1 of 1).jpg

2. EamonUrtone

Looks great, what camera settings have you been using. I've recently upgraded to the Inspire 1 PRO and having been playing with the settings but not feeling 100% confidence that I have the right set up.

3. gruvpix

Usual whatever feels right exposure wise. This shot was pretty underexposed but I was able to bring the shadows up to make the ground and skyline a little more defined. I believe this was shot at f5.6, iso 100, shutter 1/60, and colour profile 'd-cinelike'

EamonUrtone likes this.
  4. EamonUrtone

5. PAEROS

Are you using LUTS or just adjusting the color manually with color correction on your cinelike? I was having trouble with softness in d-log.

Austin

6. gruvpix

No LUTs, those are for video. This is a three shot panorama edited in Lightroom. Photos in all modes are very sharp if your lens is calibrated properly.

7. P_MAC

You chose a really tough subject with regards to dynamic range.Try bracketing and then merging in HDR.
    For a single shot this is pretty damn good.Well done!

8. gruvpix

Thanks boss, yea usually I'll do an HDR bracket but I was pretty focused on getting good video for this sunset. Photography is always an afterthought for me on shoots so I'm glad these worked out ok!